60 Signins

936 Page Views

• Views: 936
  • Message 81 of 107

Re: Extreme battery drain Z2 Play

2018-06-17, 19:23 PM

wrote:

Hi guys,

I am monitoring this thread and I would like to check if someone is still experiencing the same issue here.

Please also make sure that you have done the tips and workaround from this thread. 

st an additional hour. 

Can you or anyone from moto/lenovo (or anyone else) explain how it is possible? In "My Jio" app (available in playstore), after using it for sometime, under battery statistics shows app total consumed 2% (132mAh) battery used but if I open this from app manager from settings it shows 9% (132mAh) battery used. Note that in both cases app active and background uses are same. Pleas reffer to the screenshot.

If I assume it is a bug in software, then why till now moto/lenovo didn't provided a fix for this issue?

(Screenshot is not manipulated by any means)

Options

2 Posts

06-16-2018

PH

8 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 82 of 107

2018-06-22, 4:34 AM
Me too, I am experiencing this kind of problem, the battery drain so fast, I just bought my Moto Z2P exactly 2nd week today and I am like disappointed, I have tried the calibrating the battery and resetting the phone but nothing's happen, like today, I fully charged my device, from 100% down to 56% in just 10 minutes, what should I do? But all these happens when I upgraded to Oreo, any help?
Options

10968 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1135 Signins

154035 Page Views

• Views: 154035
  • Message 83 of 107

2018-06-22, 16:14 PM

Hi idjit43,

Sorry to know about that. Thanks for trying to fix it on your own. Could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

1 Posts

07-07-2018

CA

4 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 84 of 107

Battery problems Moto z2 play

2018-07-07, 19:08 PM

Hello,

My moto z2 play is having extreme battery issues and I can't figure out the source of the issue or how to fix it. I charged my phone for an hour and the battery percent in the phone said 91% charged. However, after half an hour of being unplugged and no use-the phone battery was back to the percentage it was before charging . How do I fix this?

Options

4 Posts

07-09-2018

BR

7 Signins

93 Page Views

• Views: 93
  • Message 85 of 107

2018-07-09, 20:45 PM

It's about 2 weeks since I've bought my z2 play and it's already draining very fast the battery. The charging time has increased too (a lot). All the time I've used only the original turbo power that comes with my z2 play. Can anyone check the reason?

I've been read all messages in this topic and I don't think a reset is an acceptable option. I don't want to download and configure all the apps again.

Options

4 Posts

07-09-2018

BR

7 Signins

93 Page Views

• Message 86 of 107

2018-07-10, 14:23 PM

wrote:

I was having some rapid battery drop issues with and without the power pack mods attached. Worse when I used my fast wireless charger but the battery dropped quickly as soon as charging was stopped. I did the calibration reset which helped a little. Then I decided to try a trick I used to do with my older LG phone; turn the phone off with the turbo charge connected. let it sit 5 to 10 minutes off and charging. Reboot the phone. When it is fully functional disconnect the charger. Following this regimen I am getting 6-7 hours before the internal battery drops to 80%  I must tell you I am a very light user but I read all my news with my 3 morning cups of coffee. May make 1 or 2 calls and some light texting during those 6 hours. If I grab the phone off the the charger without doing this I drop to 90% in the 1st hour!

(I have had this phone since December and only started seeing this issue after the recent moto mod power pack update)

good luck & God Bless,

Vince

I've tried this.... and worked! Thanks!

I'm just wondering WHY? Can someone on Motorola/Lenovo explain that?

Options

10968 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1135 Signins

154035 Page Views

• Message 87 of 107

2018-07-10, 17:32 PM

Hi tonyfarney,

Thanks for posting on this thread. Could you please update your profile with your IMEI? The instruction is just above this reply. I can check which app might be causing this issue if you allow me. Let me know. 

Thanks,

Rich

Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

07-09-2018

BR

7 Signins

93 Page Views

• Message 88 of 107

2018-07-10, 17:41 PM

wrote:

Hi tonyfarney,

Thanks for posting on this thread. Could you please update your profile with your IMEI? The instruction is just above this reply. I can check which app might be causing this issue if you allow me. Let me know. 

Thanks,

Rich

Motorola Support

My serial number is already set. I can't set both (serial and IMEI). The field length is not allowing that. Should I change serial number by IMEI in my profile?

I do allow you checking my apps and whatever you need.

Options

3 Posts

10-29-2016

MX

5 Signins

83 Page Views

• Views: 83
  • Message 89 of 107

2018-08-04, 18:40 PM
Hello, i have recently bought a moto z2 play, cause i got pick pocket the last one, i bought the same cell phone cause i was in love with my stolen phone.

I just recently notice that the vole turns down on its own then im listenning music and chatting via whatsapp. So this is not the main problem but i have seen the issue in the forums.

From last week my phone has acting really strange, when im charging it, it doesnt charge to 100% it just charge to 96% and the starts to drain the battery to 80% then i used it a little 30min tops, and it hits 50%... i have already tried the common troubleshooting i dont get a fix... "calibrating the battery", doing a hard reset, leaving th phone charging for hours without getting far from 96%

I just want to think that it's a bad batch.. so please tell me what i can do, i have bought and extended warranty on bestbuy cause i got it from that store, but they didnt have retail version only at&t carrier.

I just want a solution, im sick and tired of doing the TS steps...
Options

10968 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1135 Signins

154035 Page Views

• Message 90 of 107

Re: Battery problems Moto z2 play

2018-08-07, 19:35 PM

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for posting. Please try performing a Factory Data Reset (OREO: Settings > System > Reset > Factory Data Reset). I recommend not to install any third-party apps right after doing the reset. After that, do a Battery Calibration. Press and hold the power button for at least 7 seconds until it forces a reboot > Plug into the charger > Charge to 100% > Leave on the charger for at least an additional hour after charging the phone.

After performing all those steps. Please observe the phone the whole day without installing any third-party apps, until we notice any improvement. 

Note: If you have important files please make sure to back them up before doing the reset to make sure you won't lose any files. 

After doing all the steps correctly and the issue persists, it's better to have your phones checked by our technicians for repair.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete