Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z² Play
All Forum Topics
Options

Re:Finally ! Thanks Moto for the awesome Android 9 update on my Z2 Play !

2020-04-17, 7:15 AM

Indian variant of moto z2 play didnt receive android pie??

where r u from??

Options

1 Posts

07-27-2020

United States of America

6 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 32 of 40

2020-07-27, 15:33 PM

This is unacceptable. I am from Turkey and we also did not get the Android 9 update. Next month, Android 11 going to launch and we even still did not get the bloody Android 9 update. It is a shame. This is going to be my last Motorola. 

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 33 of 40

2020-07-27, 19:13 PM

Hi Eren996,

I understand how important is this to you. I'm very sorry, but we have no information about upgrade plans for this phone.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

08-05-2020

Germany

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 34 of 40

2020-08-05, 22:43 PM

no offence @xfire but this forum post should be removed for misinformation. Most people can not and will not side load a ROM from a different country. So flagging this post as if the phone is actually getting the update is wrong information. It would be better to delete this forum post TBH.

Options

44 Posts

01-06-2011

Poland

41 Signins

530 Page Views

• Views: 530
  • Message 35 of 40

2020-08-05, 22:53 PM

Where did I wrote that the phone received the update automatically ???

Can you read ???

I stated clearly that the Andoid 9 version available as an firmware file that can be flashed manually is working great. In fact it is and it could be pushed to all the phones. It's really easy to flash the phone manually, everyone can do this, if not - find someone who can read the descriptions and follow the listed procedure.

Do you have any problem with it ? Blame Moto, not me.

I don't care what you say, I just intended to tell Moto that they have actually ready to use product which would make a lot of people happy.

If Moto chooses to f**k up this, it's not my fault, but it's their decision.

Better do something to support me instead of whining and trying to pretend that there is no problem.

People are sometimes pathetic, really.

Options

3 Posts

08-05-2020

Germany

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 36 of 40

2020-08-06, 20:00 PM

I feel like I wasted my time starting with no offence. LOOK AT YOUR POST THAT IS PRAISING MOTO. Also, your first post does not say how you got the update, it says you got it. Only after people asked you, you make it clear. Sideloading ROMs, while most of the time not that dangerous, can make problems for your phone depending on your region and carrier (if applicable). I still use a Sony Xperia T2 Ultra. Only god knows how many ROMs, official and custom alike have I flashed on it.  So I am not unfamiliar with flashing ROMs or whatnot. But most people aren't. And why should people even go to that length WHEN MOTO ALREADY HAS THE SOFTWARE AND CAN SEND OVER THE AIR? 

I'm not mad at you for Moto's fault. But your post is like a clickbait. It shows up like Moto finally released the update globally, but in truth in didn't at all. And that's why the title of this post is misdirecting. Your post is like that single 5-star review on a product riddled with 1 star that bumps up it's overall rating.

And why should I support you? You just encouraged Moto not to do anything because "Users who want Pie can just sideload it, problem solved". Again, no offence, you can do what you want with your phone. But supporting you doesn't help anyone. 

Options

44 Posts

01-06-2011

Poland

41 Signins

530 Page Views

• Views: 530
  • Message 37 of 40

2020-08-06, 23:36 PM

That's your opinion and your view.

Mine is different.

Options

4 Posts

05-15-2020

Afghanistan

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 38 of 40

2020-09-05, 5:24 AM

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language -Zeke

Options

3 Posts

12-02-2019

Germany

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 39 of 40

2021-01-29, 11:10 AM

How do I get this as promised, I am waiting now for years - trust is the new currency - Lenovo!?!?

Options

1 Posts

03-15-2021

India

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 40 of 40

2021-03-15, 8:15 AM

Folks, Ignore for updates from Lenovo now. Looks like Lenovo does not want this Flagship MOTO to Android Pie as that may damage the sales of other budget devices and are not open to accept it.  

One of the buddies have helped me to update to Android Pie on Moto Z2 Play India Retail Dual SIM version <Model No: XT1710-10>, Link here

https://www.androidinfotech.com/moto-z2-play-pie/

I have updated using the Internal Memory thru' OTA update method mentioned in below link, and this over my stock Oreo 

After the update Device got stuck at Boot Logo in loop, Just restarted couple of times using the Hard Power Button Press, Device will reboot and everything is working fine.

checked my Moto Mods as well, all are working fine. 

Note: It worked on my device, not sure if it will work on all devices out there. So, if you love to take risk then go for it. All the Best

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms