Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z² Play
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

12-23-2018

United States of America

5 Signins

72 Page Views

• Views: 72
  • Message 1 of 8

Moto Z² screen coming unglued... Major problem for many owners.... Recall?!?

2018-12-23, 4:21 AM

My daughter and I both have the MotoZs and both of our screens are coming unglued. It seems that this is a major issue among MotoZ play and motoZ 2 owners. It also seems that instead of fixing the issue, (maybe I missed  it) Motorola accuses owners of these phones all having the same issue of dropping it or that they caused it. I read so many complaints about this, I really think this is a major issue. If there was information on a recall or how Motorola is addressing this issue I have yet to find it. If anyone has any information about this issue and how Motorola is addressing it, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Options

957 Posts

02-20-2009

United States of America

1101 Signins

6501 Page Views

• Views: 6501
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Moto Z² screen coming unglued... Major problem for many owners.... Recall?!?

2018-12-23, 14:55 PM

If you registered your phone at https://accounts.motorola.com/ssoauth/login?TARGET=https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/cc/cas/sso/redirect/mcp%2Fmy_devices it's pretty easy to start a warranty repair request.

DON'T use a google+ account to log in (even though the site asks for it), instead use your email address and a unique password, and save those credentials. Register all your devices at that site.

Make sure the listed warranty lines up with the purchase date of the phone. You can submit proof of purchase if the date is off to correct it to the right time you received the phone.

Also...did you mean to post this on the Moto Z2 Force forum, rather than the Z2 Play forum?

Options

4 Posts

12-23-2018

United States of America

5 Signins

72 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

Re: Moto Z² screen coming unglued... Major problem for many owners.... Recall?!?

2018-12-23, 15:10 PM
We have the Z and Z2 play. Sadly our warranty is over but tresearching this issue, this has been a major problem with these Z's and Z2play phones. So many others are in the same boat and are being told that Motorola acknowledges it's an issue but are trying to make clients still pay 50.00 to fix it.
Options

14 Posts

11-18-2017

United States of America

22 Signins

366 Page Views

• Views: 366
  • Message 4 of 8

2018-12-24, 2:53 AM

Called Motorla yet? I've had every screen problem there is and they stood behind every one, warranty is case by case idk. But the screen that's on it now is incredible 

Options

14 Posts

11-18-2017

United States of America

22 Signins

366 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2018-12-24, 2:56 AM

...they overnight claims out of Dallas. 3-5 day return/repair. Be nice to them, we own em

Options

14 Posts

11-18-2017

United States of America

22 Signins

366 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2018-12-24, 2:57 AM
the phones that is, we own em
Options

4 Posts

12-23-2018

United States of America

5 Signins

72 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2018-12-24, 3:12 AM
Be nice to who? I'm so confused!?!
Options

2 Posts

01-10-2019

United States of America

2 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 8 of 8

2019-01-10, 18:12 PM

I would also like to add that my Moto Z Play has this same problem. I went back and forth with support and got no real help at all replacing the device. I sent photos that made it perfectly clear that it was in good condition, never been dropped yet the screen was lifting from the fram for no reason. I've since gave up on it and moved on to the Moto Z2 Play and it's starting to do the same dam thing! I bought the Moto Z Play through Bestbuy... I Bought the Moto Z2 Play directly from Motorola's site! Why does this keep happening!? Back when my Moto Z Play started doing this, I couldn't find any topics on the issue. I took it Cracked Wireless to see if they could repair the screen issue only to have them look it over and conclude that they couldn't repair it because they believed the cause was the battery swelling behind the display. I've taken excelent care of both phones yet they are just falling apart anyway... I own 5 Moto Mods and I really don't want to give up the money and ability to use them because I can't trust the phones to stay in one piece. I'm already facing 2 deal breakers with the Moto Z3 lineup and now I can't trust it not to fall apart the same way the Z and Z2 have for me so far.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms