Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z² Play
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

06-29-2018

United States of America

7 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 41 of 60

Re: Moto Z2 Play: Fingerprint sensor not working after Oreo Update

2018-07-06, 5:24 AM

Could you elaborate?

Options

31 Posts

01-14-2016

United States of America

71 Signins

360 Page Views

• Views: 360
  • Message 42 of 60

2018-08-03, 22:04 PM

So all I just read the previous pages and I too am experiencing intermittent fingerprint reader failure. I have us model Z2 play 64 gb. Installed Android Oreo when prompted and ever since I've been having intermittent fingerprint response failure. I do not have a fingerprint setup I just used it for Moto One Touch and to wake the phone.  I will absolutely provide a log report when I come across the error again. To me it seems to fail when I receive a notification when the phone is locked. 

Although it is intermittent and and the only way for me to restore function this to restart the phone. Again on my phone the my fingerprint reader fails the only way I can restore function is to restart the phone.  When the fingerprint reader fails it's completely unresponsive.  I'm calling it intermittent failure because it doesn't happen all the time but when it does Cel it's completely unresponsive and again I have to do a restart to restore function.

Is Motorola still looking into this how else can I report this to the company.?

Options

7 Posts

06-29-2018

United States of America

7 Signins

38 Page Views

• Message 43 of 60

2018-08-03, 22:20 PM

Doesn't seem like it. They treat it like it's a hardware failure when it's a software failure. But that's all I know so I could be wrong in what they are doing

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 44 of 60

2018-08-07, 20:46 PM

Hi kosh50,

Thanks for posting on this thread. It looks like an intermittent issue. Indeed, please provide me a bug report with some description on what happened before and after you encounter the issue. I would suggest for all to perform Factory Data Reset to make sure we've performed all the necessary troubleshooting steps. Just go to Settings > System > Reset > Factory Data Reset. Try not reinstalling any third-party apps and observe the phone until we notice an issue again. If you have important files, kindly back them up so won't lose any of it. 

Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

31 Posts

01-14-2016

United States of America

71 Signins

360 Page Views

• Message 45 of 60

2018-08-14, 16:29 PM

Alright guys I have a bug report thethe insta after my fingerprint sensor stop working.  Wanted to share the link but I want to take out any personal information.  Anyway to do that or can I send the mod. link directly.

Do you want to mention as well that my fingerprint sensor has stop working three times since my last post.  I was unable to capture a bug report the first two times because I didn't know they didn't name themselves which is stupid and they didn't save but but regardless I had to restart the phone to restore function.  

The sensor stop functioning Within minutes the second time.  And now it's been a few days since the third time it stopped functioning.

Options

68 Posts

05-02-2018

Brazil

155 Signins

1159 Page Views

• Views: 1159
  • Message 46 of 60

2018-08-14, 16:48 PM

as i was told, you can can edit it to remove personal stuff, like your e-mail account. isn't that hard, notepad helps with that. the thing is copy it into your computer somehow

as bug, i wish that was possible to record the keyboard, half replacing an mistyped word or even mixing languages, an problem that i have all the time, because i type in several languages and the keyboard is unable to figure when i'm typing in one or another

Options

31 Posts

01-14-2016

United States of America

71 Signins

360 Page Views

• Message 47 of 60

2018-08-14, 19:53 PM

Here the report I dont know where any information is really.  Some one let me know where I should remove personal information.

So heres what happend with this log cature.

I simply was listening to pandora with the phone locked.  I wasnt using the phone except to stream music to a speaker and I went to change the song and the sensory wasnt responsive.  There really wasnt anything else I was doing.  The phone was just on pandora for about 20mins before I went to change a song.

The previous time I was on the phone switching between apps heavily but like I said earlier that the sensor immediatly became unresonsive after a reboot from a just prior unresonsive sensor.  In that case the phone rebooted and function was resotred but after I opended an app the sensor ceased functioning.  I took logs of them but at the time I didnt know I had to name them and they jsut disappeared.  Is this normal? you have to name the logs to save them they dont just automaticaly save with a default name?

Anyway Lets fix this issue already.  Very annoying after andoird 8 update.  My phones new purchased in march never dropped. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D5SRr1d7DotbV7DY5qmOsFeImDwrZ6iD/view?usp=sharing

Options

31 Posts

01-14-2016

United States of America

71 Signins

360 Page Views

• Message 48 of 60

2018-08-14, 20:26 PM

Alright I'm putting my alogcat up now. Where's the personal information located on these.

So all I was doing was simply listening to Pandora with the phone locked. I came back to change the song and the fingerprint sensor was unresponsive. Again the only way to restore function is to restart the phone.

So let's get this fixed already because doesn't really seem like a hardware issue considering it only Android 8.  My phone's new purchased in March never dropped never had this issue before the Android 8 update.  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D5SRr1d7DotbV7DY5qmOsFeImDwrZ6iD/view?usp=drivesdk

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 49 of 60

2018-08-16, 19:35 PM

Hi kosh50,

Thanks for the BUG report. I will have another follow up with the team regarding with this. Thanks. 

Hi Everyone,

Please follow the factory data reset I suggested on my previous reply. Let me know if the issue persists. Thanks,

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

7 Posts

06-29-2018

United States of America

7 Signins

38 Page Views

• Message 50 of 60

2018-10-02, 8:55 AM

Holy **Removed**!  Every one check your security tab in your setting! The finger print scanner is back in action from the last update. ODXS27.109-34-17 . in my opinion this should be amazing news for everyone

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language - Rich

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms