Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z² Play
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

01-16-2018

United States of America

22 Signins

176 Page Views

• Views: 176
  • Message 1 of 4

Moto z2 play freezing

2018-05-07, 0:43 AM

My Moto z2 play was bought at Verizon but their Network had a dead one at my house so I switched to tmobile. My phone freezes quite a bit and I have to a few seconds for it to unfreeze. If I'm typing sometimes I can continue pressing buttons and .When the phone unfreezes it will play catch-up and write out some if the letters I typed while it was frozen.  The whole thing is irratating as anything.   Also apps will crash all the time and I'll get a massage "Chome has stopped working, close app, wait, or help" 

I read somewhere that when this happens it helps to go to the app that failed and clear the cache. If that doesn't work then I should go clear the cache on the phone. That did not help either.   

I'm thinking that after switching carriers I just have too much bloatware because the  Verizon stuff is still there plus the TMobile.  What can I do? For example I  2 voicemail app two sms apps. It's all very silly. I can't root or I'll loose warranty and the fact that it freezes all the time is making me it may be defective and I should send that in.

Options

13219 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

1407 Signins

8945 Page Views

• Views: 8945
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto z2 play freezing

2018-05-07, 1:03 AM

wrote:

My Moto z2 play was bought at Verizon but their Network had a dead one at my house so I switched to tmobile. My phone freezes quite a bit and I have to a few seconds for it to unfreeze. If I'm typing sometimes I can continue pressing buttons and .When the phone unfreezes it will play catch-up and write out some if the letters I typed while it was frozen.  The whole thing is irratating as anything.   Also apps will crash all the time and I'll get a massage "Chome has stopped working, close app, wait, or help" 

I read somewhere that when this happens it helps to go to the app that failed and clear the cache. If that doesn't work then I should go clear the cache on the phone. That did not help either.   

I'm thinking that after switching carriers I just have too much bloatware because the  Verizon stuff is still there plus the TMobile.  What can I do? For example I  2 voicemail app two sms apps. It's all very silly. I can't root or I'll loose warranty and the fact that it freezes all the time is making me it may be defective and I should send that in.

You can try disabling all apps that you don't want to use. Verizon has a ton. TMobile you can usually uninstall. Reboot after and see how it goes for you.

Options

932 Posts

02-20-2009

United States of America

1079 Signins

6421 Page Views

• Views: 6421
  • Message 3 of 4

2018-05-07, 1:05 AM

I hope you had Verizon unlock the phone before taking it over to T-mobile...if not, there could be many issues...

While you can't get rid of the Verizon "extras", you may be able to individually disable them in Settings > Apps > [each individual app] > ...then there may be a "Force Stop" and disable option....

If not...well...you may want to try selling your Verizon Z2 Play, and purchasing a truly unlocked version....

Options

1 Posts

06-20-2018

United States of America

1 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 4 of 4

2018-06-20, 14:07 PM

It does the same thing, freezing and closing in mid - app use.  I am on Verizon and haven't switched to another carrier, so that isn't the issue. My wife has a Force  and is on Verizon with none of these problems, so I think it is the Z2 itself. I'm hoping to find a solution soon.  I'm at the one year anniversary of this phone  so I may end up ditching it and going with another brand entirely ifMotorola can't fix these issues  

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms