04-25-2018

India

60 Signins

936 Page Views

• Views: 936
  • Message 21 of 27

Re: Problems in Moto Z2 Play after android 8.0 Update

2018-08-28, 2:50 AM

Sounds like malfunction with the hardware part. If you don't have any Moto mod I think you have to visit service centre.

Options

1 Posts

05-26-2017

India

8 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 22 of 27

2018-09-02, 16:46 PM

Hi..this new software update has some bugs like when I try to see notification in the lockscreen ..the screen doesn't off 

1.) Lock/unlock button->screen on in lock screen mode and remains on on for 5 min earlier it remains on for few seconds

This screen on also in calling

2.) Calling someone -> loudspeaker -> lock the phone but the screen turn on again and again after multiple lock

Please rsolve these annoying issues as soon as possible

Thnx

Options

3 Posts

10-20-2018

United States of America

3 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 23 of 27

2018-10-20, 13:53 PM

I doubt it's an app issue for anyone experiencing the battery drain, I noticed in the last month or so my Z2 Force battery started going dead in a couple of hours, now it's less than an hour, if it goes below 50% and you try to take a picture it shuts down and displays 0%. I started researching a battery drain and found 22 pages on the Verizon tech support forum alone for this issue, all of them saying overnight their battery started drain rapidly after the update, I checked and right about the same time as my battery drain issue my phone had updated to Oreo. If you check your battery usage screen it will show your battery down 30% and it shows apps used 3%, and considering there were no new apps installed common sense will tell you it is not an app issue. All Verizon support will do is give you canned answers like "here is how to optimize your battery usage" or "maybe you installed a new app that is killing your battery" nope, no new apps, except the Oreo update that I did not accept, I didn't change any settings in any app or phone setting, same usage as before, and my phone will maybe last an hour after update. No damage to the phone, no water ever touched the phone, other concerns of Verizon's, it's only a couple of months old, I never oppurtunity charged my battery so no battery abuse. Will someone please tell me how I am supposed to use this phone? As now, less than a month after the update it loses almost 50% in less than an hour, it used to take almost 24 hours to use that much battery without streaming videos. I am down to 59% with 1 hour 35 minutes since last full charge and 42 minutes screen time and only 4% used by apps

Options

12532 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1221 Signins

166265 Page Views

• Views: 166265
  • Message 24 of 27

2018-10-25, 21:32 PM

Hi Mechanikmike,

Thanks for posting. I'd like to help. We still need to consider your apps as one of the factors causing a battery draining. I can further check, could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

3 Posts

10-20-2018

United States of America

3 Signins

29 Page Views

• Message 25 of 27

2018-10-26, 11:59 AM

And why do you always blame the apps? No new apps, around the middle of September I noticed my battery life severely dropping off, on a phone that is only a couple of months old, and it was an overnight change. I start looking up caused of battery drain on these phones and there are dozens of pages across the web talking about updates, and I check and my phone got the system update on September 14th, it's amazing that that is right about the time the problem started, common sense says the update is the only change to my phone before the battery drain then the update is the problem. Now I check my battery usage and I have had it drop 20+30% within ten minutes of a full charge with 0% being used by apps and 0 minutes screen usage. If I go through every single app on my phone at that point one by one then I find that every single app shows 0% usage, then I check the Motorola system apps(the ones we can't disable or uninstall) and every single one of the is using 3% and up, the system is using 20-30% of my battery with the screen off. Now my phone is at a point where I look at the lock screen, the battery says 70% and I unlock it and it shuts down, and if you try to restart it it shows 0% and will not start. The phone has never been warm, no battery abuse, the system update that has been forced on my phone, I never agreed to it, has now rendered my phone useless, I want it rolled back to the previous operating system. It just amazed me that every person involved with Verizon, Lenovo, and Google will say it's not the update, but they will not roll the update back because they don't want to admit the update is the problem. We get updates forced on us and we don't have the option to do a system restore to a previous good date like all computers and phones used to allow, that means it is a way to make us buy more phones. This issue needs to be fixed as I am not going to pay for this phone that is only a couple of months old for the next two years and have to go buy and I phone on another line to have a functional phone. Please find a way to roll they system back to the last known good operating system

Options

3 Posts

10-20-2018

United States of America

3 Signins

29 Page Views

• Message 26 of 27

2018-10-26, 17:19 PM

And before telling me that phone manufacturers do not purposely crash phones to make sales and that updates only improve phones please check out the article below.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/technology/2018/oct/24/apple-samsung-fined-for-slowing-down-phones

Options

12532 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1221 Signins

166265 Page Views

• Views: 166265
  • Message 27 of 27

2018-10-30, 14:11 PM

Hi Mechanikmike,

I understand you'd like to get this resolved. I would love to help. However, there are factors we need to consider that is causing an issue; the software, the hardware and the time. We can try isolating the software factor, I can further investigate, just let me know once you have updated your profile. Thank you. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms