10-25-2018

US

20 Signins

167 Page Views

• Views: 167
  • Message 1 of 2

Verizon Moto Z2 Play Not Upgrading

2019-09-12, 19:15 PM

If I own my Motorola phone, why does Verizon get to control the software on it, regardless of whether I use their network?

Don't get me wrong, it makes sense that they would only want official software used on their network, but preventing people from unlocking their devices while no longer on their network seems like a form of widespread theft on their part and a self-serving method of silencing complaints from unhappy device owners who cannot submit complaints about updates that just so happen to not work on devices without their service.

Upgrade Assistant says device up to date, yet the verizon website shows a different version available. Meanwhile, only verizon customers can complain about their Motorola phones...

Options

10897 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1132 Signins

153510 Page Views

• Views: 153510
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Verizon Moto Z2 Play Not Upgrading

2019-09-16, 14:57 PM

Hi ag346,

Thanks for the post. I'd like to check this. Can you please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. 
Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete