Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z² Play
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-28-2019

United States of America

2 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 1 of 2

Z2 Play Stuck in Night Display Mode

2019-04-28, 15:33 PM

2 Nights ago my z2 play night filter turned on as per usual, and now it won't turn off. From what I can tell it seems like there is a second filter layer running but the only app I have used for this is the Moto app that came on the phone.  My hunch is that the native filter that comes with Android has somehow been enabled, but since Lenovo disabled the toggle in settings, I have no way to adjust it. The reason I think this, is that during the hours that the Moto display is supposed to be active, the filter gets nearly unusably dark.

I have to this point turned the filter off and on, rebooting the phone multiple times in each setting. I found that if I did a hard reboot (holding power plus volume) that it did turn the filter off for a time, however it came back on, and this option no longer seems to work.

I am running Android 8.0.0 and my last update was a while ago. I haven't installed any new apps in the last week and most apps are up to date, specifically though, the moto apps are. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Options

234 Posts

08-28-2017

Germany

593 Signins

1908 Page Views

• Views: 1908
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Z2 Play Stuck in Night Display Mode

2019-04-29, 16:58 PM
Any app able of this should be requiring the "draw over other apps" permission. Go to settings and turn it off for every app being able to request it.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms