Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z² Play
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

03-07-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

18 Signins

166 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 166
  • Message 1 of 2

Z2 Play and Moto Gamepad Mod - Audio not routing properly to 3.5mm jack

2018-03-21, 12:01 PM

so i got hold of a Moto Gamepad for my new Z2 play running android 7.1.

It works great.

EXCEPT.... if I plug headphones in to the 3.5mm jack on the mod, it recognises that headphones are plugged in by restarting the mod, but it then doesnt always route audio through the headphones and keeps playing it through the speaker.

I have tried plugging in the headphones before attaching. Didn't work.

Rebooting with gamepad attached and headphones plugged in. Worked once, hasnt since.

Plugging in and out the headphones into the gamepad until it works. Usually works, doesnt always.

I need to test with another set of headphones but I don't have any available at this moment. I don't think this is a hardware issue. I know 100% the headphones work as they work in the phones 3.5mm jack, and when the audio from the gamepad does work, it isnt like there is a loose connection as it doesn't crackle or stop working.

My other question would be, does it support USB audio via the gamepad as that may be a solution.

Options

5418 Posts

07-12-2014

United States of America

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

• Views: 79600
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Z2 Play and Moto Gamepad Mod - Audio not routing properly to 3.5mm jack

2018-03-27, 18:25 PM

Hi rickykemp,

I apologize for responding belatedly. We tried to duplicate this scenario but we were unable to. Have you already tried testing with other headphones? Please make sure that the headphone port is clean. Also, when you snap the Gamepad mod, is it easily moving? I want to make sure that the pins are aligned properly and the mod is attached to the phone properly. For your other question, I'm afraid it does not support USB audio output.

Let me know what happens.

Regards,

JM

Moto Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms