Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z² Play
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

11-16-2018

India

14 Signins

111 Page Views

• Views: 111
  • Message 1 of 10

Moto z2 play Network problem

2018-11-17, 4:09 AM

Hi ,

I truly enjoy moto z2 play , which i recently purchased with flipkart in India, only before i came to know that the network reception started to give problem it is really annoying only when i register the specific network it works for 1-2 hours or less then again it reverts back to no network or the network bar will be showing full signal with small x mark in the end, if i insert same sim with other moto g turbo phone it works like charm i have no case on the z2, apart from this i love everything with the phone, but unfortunetly this is very fundamental thing which makes phone a phone, i asked replacement for the same with flipkart but i am not sure they will help anything on this because no tech visit will wait to see that for 1-2 hours.

I have latest update on the phone which i installed running oreo with oct update, i want to know if there is something i can do to help myself.

PS:

I use Airtel network.

Also let me know if this is a software or  hardware problem ? can this be fixed ?

Thanks

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Views: 178190
  • Message 2 of 10

Re: Moto z2 play Network problem

2018-11-19, 15:54 PM

Hi jagasrik,

Thanks for posting. I'd like to help. I appreciate the steps you've tried but I have one question on that, when you pulled out the sim from your phone and put it back, are you still having no signal? Could you please send me a screenshot of your signal strength whenever you encounter this again (Settings > System > About Phone > Status > SIM Status > Signal Strength). Also, I'd like to confirm, where do this usually happen?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

10 Posts

11-16-2018

India

14 Signins

111 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

2018-11-20, 6:34 AM

Hi Rich, 

Thanks for response, just now i done factory reset and also pulled and put the sim back, the problem exists i have full signal on other phones like moto g turbo, nokia basic, but only in moto z2 play i have this probelm, after factory reset there is some signal which shows but i am not able to make any calls or use mobile data, even after i change the location of phone it is same.

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 4 of 10

2018-11-20, 17:48 PM

Hi jagasrik,

Thanks for the screenshot. The signal strength looks normal for 4G mode. I'd like to confirm, does the data automatically reconnect right away, or you have to manually turn off and on the mobile for it to reconnect? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

10 Posts

11-16-2018

India

14 Signins

111 Page Views

• Message 5 of 10

2018-11-22, 4:08 AM

Hi Rich,

Data doest connect at all, it shows there is 4g but it does't actully work nor i was able to make calls which i can able to do it with other mobiles in same location, i had to register the network each time to make it work. I have opted for the return on the poduct, Thanks for responding to the post. 

Greetings

Options

2 Posts

11-12-2014

India

6 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 6 of 10

2018-12-05, 14:21 PM

Hi Rich,

I m having the same problem. Intially this issue was limited to when I was traveling but now this happens very frequently. I suspect that the automatic network selection functionality is not working. Also, their are times when you try to connect to the network manully, I get an error message that unable to connect to the network or selected network is unavailable even when on other phones I see full network of same carrier. I have tried everything from network reset to phone reset. Nothing works. Please help.

Regards,
Yash

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 7 of 10

2018-12-05, 22:15 PM

Hi yash41,

Thanks for posting. May I know what is your carrier? Also. have you tried using a different SIM? 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Options

2 Posts

11-12-2014

India

6 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 8 of 10

2018-12-06, 8:20 AM

Hi Rich,

I use Vodafone 4G and Jio 4G. I have also tried Airtel 4 G and the results are same. Please let me know if you need more details.

Regards,

Yash

Options

14293 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1313 Signins

178190 Page Views

• Message 9 of 10

2018-12-06, 15:32 PM

Hi yash41,

I appreciate all the troubleshooting steps you've tried. This seems to be a hardware failure. I would recommend sending the phone for repair. Here's the link for the repair center. Let me know if you have a question. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Options

1 Posts

07-22-2021

India

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 10 of 10

Re:Moto z2 play Network problem

2021-07-22, 14:33 PM

Install minimal adb devices on your PC then run command prompt

Put your mobile in fastboot mode then run command as fallows

1: fastboot erase modemst1 

2: fastboot erase modemst2 

3: fastboot erase carrier 

4: fastboot erase userdata

5: fastboot fb_mode_clear

5: fastboot reboot

6: after setting up Device go to dialer and dial ***removed*** then go into phone information

And set preference to unknown and run ping test your issue must solve after than after reboot device

Edited: We don't allow posting codes to hidden menus. Changes in these menus can cause issues with phones – Sunitha

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms