Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z² Play
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-14-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 5

Z2 play problems

2021-04-14, 1:12 AM

My wife and I both have Z2 Play phones and we have had problems with both of them for quite a while. We are both overdue for new phones....has motorola made improvements on their newer model phones??? 

Options

4519 Posts

03-11-2019

United States of America

782 Signins

62255 Page Views

• Views: 62255
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Z2 play problems

2021-04-14, 19:22 PM

Hi Longbeard,

Thanks for posting your concern here and we would like to help. May we now what problems are you experiencing with the Moto Z2 Play? We can help you with that. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the Thumbs up icon on the bottom right thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

216 Posts

03-20-2017

United States of America

619 Signins

9944 Page Views

• Views: 9944
  • Message 3 of 5

2021-04-14, 19:24 PM

I believe that phone came out nearly 4 years ago so yes Motorola has made many newer phones since then. I'm not sure what "issues" you have and what you are looking for in a newer phone. The most recent Z series phone is the Moto Z4 and that is nearly 2 years old now.

Options

2 Posts

04-14-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-04-14, 23:12 PM

Phone constantly freezes up, apps shut down on their own. And the other day it did exactly what my original z2 play did (this one is a replacement) right before it crashed to the point of no return. 

Options

216 Posts

03-20-2017

United States of America

619 Signins

9944 Page Views

• Views: 9944
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-04-15, 14:34 PM

I can't advise you on what phone you might need. However, there are reasons that phones get sluggish over time and don't perform as well and sometimes fail. Many times the poor performance can be a result of the apps on your phone. The amount of space an app uses on your phone grows as app is used and accumulates more information. Also, apps are updated to take advantage of newer hardware and often are optimized for faster phones with more memory. For example, a messaging app might have fewer features when first installed. Then more features are added which makes the app larger and often slower. In addition, you have messages arriving every day so it has to store and sort through more messages over time. Gaming apps try to get more performance with each update so the same game 4 years ago required far less resources than the updated game of today.

Understanding how you use your phone now and how you want to use your phone in the future will better help you make a decision about which phone to buy. The Moto Z2 Play is no longer receiving updates so that also is something that can cause problems with your phone and apps. I hope this helps explain why phone performance often degrades with time and usage.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms