Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjyang
SCSI Port
Views: 685
Message 1 of 11

2019: T-Mobile Z Force2 Won't upgrade to Oreo

Hi Moto Support 

Execuse me for starting this new thread on same issue on "T-Mobile Z Force2 Won't upgrade to Oreo".'

Please check my account information for SN/IMEI. I called T-Mobile tec support and they advised me to ask help from Motorola.

My phone was not a direct purchase from T-Mobile but it was brand new unlock version and used with T-Moble only. It is able to boot up with t-mobile logo. 

The t-mobile support person said I might had got a unlock phone but not for t-mobile carrier.

Please advise my todo how can I resolve this issue. I am looking forward to have this phone can have upgrade path from 7 to 8 and upcoming 9 android version.

Send private message if you need more info.

Thanks for your time

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 632
Message 2 of 11

Re: 2019: T-Mobile Z Force2 Won't upgrade to Oreo

@tjyang wrote:

Hi Moto Support 

Execuse me for starting this new thread on same issue on "T-Mobile Z Force2 Won't upgrade to Oreo".'

Please check my account information for SN/IMEI. I called T-Mobile tec support and they advised me to ask help from Motorola.

My phone was not a direct purchase from T-Mobile but it was brand new unlock version and used with T-Moble only. It is able to boot up with t-mobile logo. 

The t-mobile support person said I might had got a unlock phone but not for t-mobile carrier.

Please advise my todo how can I resolve this issue. I am looking forward to have this phone can have upgrade path from 7 to 8 and upcoming 9 android version.

Send private message if you need more info.

Thanks for your time

Your other post here https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Force/How-to-identify-my-Z2-phone/m-p/4360937#M7503

shows you have Oreo - Android 8 and the latest update. 

Why do you think your phone doesn't have Oreo?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 630
Message 3 of 11

Your phone in the other thread is a Verizon Z2F - do you also have a TMobile model?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
tjyang
SCSI Port
Views: 623
Message 4 of 11

I have two unlocked Z2 force, profile only allow me to enter one. 

2nd one is used by my wife with t-moile(can't upgrade to oreo), 1st one is with verizon running oreo fine.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 617
Message 5 of 11

@tjyang wrote:

I have two unlocked Z2 force, profile only allow me to enter one. 

2nd one is used by my wife with t-moile(can't upgrade to oreo), 1st one is with verizon running oreo fine.

OK, that explains it. I am asking to see if anyone has any ideas, but the update has been out for a long time - first thought is to reset, but maybe there is something else to try or see - though i doubt it. 

tjyang
SCSI Port
Views: 612
Message 6 of 11

But the reset(Hardware) will erase all my 2nd phone data, right ?  This will be last resort if reset can fix the issue.

t-mobile support was saying may be the phone I got was from ATT/Verizon  carrier previously thus it won't be able to upgrade with t-moble carrier.

It there a way to see my 2nd Z2 force is made for which carrir ? 

Is there a way from your end to enter 2nd phone IMEI number into central update server ? 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 608
Message 7 of 11

@tjyang wrote:

But the reset(Hardware) will erase all my 2nd phone data, right ?  This will be last resort if reset can fix the issue.

t-mobile support was saying may be the phone I got was from ATT/Verizon  carrier previously thus it won't be able to upgrade with t-moble carrier.

It there a way to see my 2nd Z2 force is made for which carrir ? 

Is there a way from your end to enter 2nd phone IMEI number into central update server ? 

Updates are pushed from update server regardless of what SIM Is in the phone. If it is a TMo phone it will say under settings-about phone-software channel. It is there on my TMO phone. 

The IMEI of the phone is tied to the software variant - so if it is a TMO phone it would get the update when all other TMO phones get it.

I will see if someone can take a look to, but you can change your forum profile to include the IMEI of this other phone. Then whoever looks can see it.  

tjyang
SCSI Port
Views: 604
Message 8 of 11

Thanks for explaining the upgrade process.

My  current profile is registered with TMO phone's SN/IMEI(android 7.1).

Let me know if you my verizon phone's info.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 514
Message 9 of 11

I'm looking into the T-Mobile device. First, before I start digging into it, can I have permission to look at the check-in data from your phone? This will allow me to look at the software version currently on your device. Second, where did you purchase your phone?

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
tjyang
SCSI Port
Views: 506
Message 10 of 11

Hi Tom

1. feel free to look into the check-in data.
  2. The z2 force is from a luck draw inside Motorola internal event.

Top Kudoed Authors