Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 15,087
Message 1 of 110

Android Pie Update

Hello everyone,

Delivering any Android upgrade is a complex process. For a variety of reasons, some US Moto Z2 Force models will not receive the Android 9 “Pie” update. The Moto Z2 Force model sold by Verizon will receive Pie as it is necessary to enable the 5G Moto Mod. We are committed to providing two years of Android security updates on all Moto Z2 force devices. While we always caution that our update plans may change, Motorola regrets any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause our loyal consumers. For additional information regarding if your phone will get the update please check the update page in your region as all pages have been updated.

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
rstewart787
Core Memory
Views: 14,939
Message 2 of 110

Re: Android Pie Update

The carrier you are refering to is t mobile moto z2 force isn't getting 5th update

Crcostel
Punch Card
Views: 14,924
Message 3 of 110

Actually its AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile. Thats a big middle finger to M's [former] customers

rstewart787
Core Memory
Views: 14,922
Message 4 of 110

Wow it's 3 of the 4.   That's awful  and moto tom acting  like it's no big deal.   Moto won't do **removed**  for their customers they have no respect for the customers .

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language - Rich

Z2forcefan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 14,906
Message 5 of 110

Well I guess after this, we won't be loyal customers anymore.  Motorola Tom, you being sorry is worthless.  Motorola/Lenovo by not standing with the customers that bought it's last flagship phone is throwing away the customers which were less price sensitive and supporters of the brand.  

@MotorolaTom wrote:

Hello everyone,

Delivering any Android upgrade is a complex process. For a variety of reasons, some US Moto Z2 Force models will not receive the Android 9 “Pie” update. The Moto Z2 Force model sold by Verizon will receive Pie as it is necessary to enable the 5G Moto Mod. We are committed to providing two years of Android security updates on all Moto Z2 force devices. While we always caution that our update plans may change, Motorola regrets any inconvenience or disappointment this may cause our loyal consumers.

-Tom

AZ_Mike
Paper Tape
Views: 14,854
Message 6 of 110

What's really bad is that they were able to update for 1 our of the 4 vendors, which means that it is do-able, but they are too lazy to provide the update for the other three vendors. Between this news and the news that the Z4 will only get one update, I can't see a scenario where I would spend more than $250 on a Moto phone.

Highlighted
thelolotov
Paper Tape
Views: 14,752
Message 7 of 110

I understand this is not personally within your control, please realize everything I am about to say is directed at Lenovo.

This is completely unacceptable. I have been a loyal Motorola customer since the original RAZR, and the way we have been treated over the past decade has been too much. I really enjoy Motorola's hardware and software, but to promise the Pie update, take a year to deliver it, and then rip the carpet out from under us at the last second is the final straw for me.

I know nobody will read or care, but Motorola has had a terrible history with timely updates in the past 5 years or so, and despite my love for the Moto Mods platform, this will be my last Motorola phone.

This is beyond frustrating.

Sumcrazyguy
Paper Tape
Views: 14,415
Message 8 of 110

You suck Lenovo. Update our moto z2 force on ALL carriers. This will be the last moto device i ever buy.

aravitz90
Punch Card
Views: 14,381
Message 9 of 110

For they're giving way older phones the update but not upgrading my year and a half old flagship that's insane!!!!!

-Avrumi Ravitz
GabeJones
Paper Tape
Views: 13,916
Message 10 of 110

@Sumcrazyguy wrote:

Update our moto z2 force on ALL carriers. This will be the last moto device i ever buy.

Yep, same here.  My Z2 Force has been a great device for me & my wife (one of the better ones I've ever owned), but one of the big draws was that it was supposed to get Pie.  After being strung along about this update for months, only to have it dropped without warning, I'm done.

Top Kudoed Authors