Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sumcrazyguy
Paper Tape
Views: 1,600
Message 11 of 110

Re: Android Pie Update

I might not even completely care about getting 9.0, but 8.0 has so many known issues, including with bluetooth, my car and headphones constantly disconnect and reconnect. 8.1 resolved that issue and we diddn't even get that update. w.t.f. Very pissed to see this news today.

GabeJones
Paper Tape
Views: 1,590
Message 12 of 110

@Sumcrazyguy wrote:
I might not even completely care about getting 9.0, but 8.0 has so many known iss...

I didn't realize 8.1 solved Bluetooth problems.  My wife is always complaining about her car connection.  I really want the built-in SMS backup in 8.1, but, nope, we're stuck on 8.0. 

The Motorola support page says the following about the T-Mobile Z2 Force:

moto z2 force

This device will remain on Android™ 8.1 Oreo™.

More lies.  Get your stuff together, Moto.

Highlighted
RickTrolled
What's DOS?
Views: 1,538
Message 13 of 110

Looks like I'm done with motorola, been waiting forever for the pie update for both of our Z2 forces. All these false promises.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 1,510
Message 14 of 110

@GabeJones wrote:

@Sumcrazyguy

I didn't realize 8.1 solved Bluetooth problems.  My wife is always complaining about her car connection.  I really want the built-in SMS backup in 8.1, but, nope, we're stuck on 8.0. 

The Motorola support page says the following about the T-Mobile Z2 Force:

moto z2 force

This device will remain on Android™ 8.1 Oreo™.

More lies.  Get your stuff together, Moto.

My apologies for the typo. We got the Software Upgrade page corrected.

-Tom

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
GabeJones
Paper Tape
Views: 1,506
Message 15 of 110

Tom, thank you for your quick response.  (Though I'd hoped to hear that we'd actually not be stuck on 8.0 in perpetuity!)

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 1,505
Message 16 of 110

Well, it's been a good 9-10 year run Motorola. This seals the deal that I will be getting the Pixel when I upgrade in November. I understood not getting 8.1 to focus on 9, but now 9 isn't even coming.

Say what you want about Apple, but the support they provide (timely security updates/timely new OS releases) for 'legacy' (aka 6+month old) devices is hands down the best. They aren't a hit-it-and-quit-it company simply trying to make a quick buck. There's a reason why Google got into the hardware game on their own, and I'm glad they did.

The idea that these phones cost $800+ and can't be guaranteed to get the latest software for two years is absurd. A competently managed IT group can easily handle two major software releases ESPECIALLY when they are not completely re-writing the entire UI. Heck, most of the UI is stock anyway. 

What do I know anyway.... Motorola is profitable for the first time since anyone can remember 🤷‍♂️. Good luck basing your entire business model on budget phones!

Crcostel
Punch Card
Views: 1,500
Message 17 of 110

Ha. Byebye Moto. 

taemta3
What's DOS?
Views: 1,450
Message 18 of 110

Bad move Lenovo.  I have been a Moto user since RAZR V3, but this move has made the Google Pixel and One Plus switch device decision for me.  I'm done with Moto.  Goodbye.

rstewart787
Core Memory
Views: 1,428
Message 19 of 110

My 10 year old nephew was going to get this phone and I can’t stomach given him this POS.   I wish I never bought into the whole stock android.   My wife bought me the turbo pack moto mod and is the main reason I never traded the phone in towards the one plus phone or the iPhone XR deal that T-Mobile had and now they just screw us.   And moto Tom I’m so sorry that we did this to you it’s not our fault.

ghiottone
Token Ring
Views: 1,414
Message 20 of 110

Bye-Bye Motorola.

Since the Atrix 2 i had many motorola phones - Atrix 2, G1, X1, Droid Mini, G2, X Play, G4 Plus, Z Play, Z2 Play, X4, Z3 Play, Z2 Force- but this move is not acceptable for me. It is disgusting to disregard customers to such an extent. The G6, G6 Play got sooner the Pie update than the Z2 Force? Some mod cost more than a G6 - its ridiculous!

+ the Android Enterprise requirements are not met from May. February security patch in the end of June?

Top Kudoed Authors