Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,265
Message 91 of 107

Re: Android Pie Update

@西瓜桐 wrote:

Why there isn't a Pie for Sprint.....?

Read past posts. Motorola made a statement. But in short no pie for Sprint. Only Verizon sadly.. 

EvK76
Punch Card
Views: 1,255
Message 92 of 107

In short from what I make of it, it looks like only verizon fell for Moto's extortion to pay for the update because otherwise their 5g mod would be useless. And the other providers told Moto that they won't pay extra for the update. So now Moto is making up a story that its to hard to build the update.

Or verizon threatend to really take Moto to the slaughter for not honouring their promise of the update and the others don't care.

Either way Moto is screwing a large part of their Z2 customers which will cost them. I have no trust in this joke of a company who don't care for their customers. If you can build it for one why not for all Moto has not given one valid reason only a lame excuse that its to hard for them.

CowboyJake
Fanfold Paper
Views: 809
Message 93 of 107

Being a Verizon customer is just the same as the rest of the group with this phone.  I am still on the February 2019 security patch with ANdroid 8.0.  Still have not seen Pie yet, who know when it will get here.  Honestly, the only way to go if you stick with Android is Google.  At least you get regular updates.  Sad it has come to this.

maddpiratekidd
What's DOS?
Views: 767
Message 94 of 107

You guys really suck, i got this phone thinking i would have great support and its been nothing but nightmares. My phone is unlocked and could be on is currently on verizon but was purchased from sprint. I planned on getting the 5g mod when it was in my area but you're telling me 'm screwed?
cloneman1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 738
Message 95 of 107

you might be able to root and flash a Verizon image once it's released, but that has some risks and is non-trivial to accomplish.

I don't quite understand the allure of the 5g mod. Unless you're doing live video or something like that, the extra thickness doesn't seem worth it compared to 4G LTE in my area anyway. 

Big_Erk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 389
Message 96 of 107

I am over Motorola at this point.  I was a fan.  I liked their devices enough to overlook a lot of their shortcomings, but a couple of things have soured me on them.  Number one was the Z2 Force Pie fiasco.  Number two was the poor quality of the ShatterShield screen. 

The outer layer on my screen failed after about 10 months of use.  I called Moto Support and after 15 minutes of arguing about whether or not it should be covered under the warranty Moto agreed to replace the outer layer.  Now only 2 months removed from that mess, the screen has failed again.  Obviously the durability of this screen wasn't tested well.  Far too many of them have failed for that to be the case.  And with that, I am out.  Once it gets bad enough I will just peel the outer layer from my phone and apply a screen protector to it.  All of this drama for a device that originally retailed for over $800.  How the mighty have fallen.

CowboyJake
Fanfold Paper
Views: 375
Message 97 of 107

I was really excited when Lenovo bought Moto.  I had hoped that Lenovo would have really invested in the smartphone and come up with some new inovations.  Sadly, it is just the same old same old for them.  Lenovo is happy being a mid-tier vendor and has no plans to make a smartphone that can compete with Google.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 360
Message 98 of 107

@CowboyJake wrote:

I was really excited when Lenovo bought Moto.  I had hoped that Lenovo would have really invested in the smartphone and come up with some new inovations.  Sadly, it is just the same old same old for them.  Lenovo is happy being a mid-tier vendor and has no plans to make a smartphone that can compete with Google.

Motorola under Google's ownership was the best. Lenovo sadly seems to be trying to destroy the Motorola name. This is my own opinion of course. 

Highlighted
Mangekc
Paper Tape
Views: 216
Message 99 of 107

Recieved Pie OTA an hour Ago. EU-phone. Works like a charm. They didnt left us behind after all, just have is a reaaaaaaaly slow start..

thelolotov
Paper Tape
Views: 165
Message 100 of 107

The cancellation was only in America, for T-Mobile, AT&T, and Sprint. International models were never affected.

Top Kudoed Authors