Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cloneman1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 786
Message 101 of 110

Re: Android Pie Update

The 9.0 firmware is live on lolinet , for those with bootloader unlocked, at your own risk.

EvK76
Punch Card
Views: 783
Message 102 of 110

Which makes moto's decision even worse. Screwing over a select group of customers just because they are on the wrong network.
Highlighted
Mangekc
Paper Tape
Views: 781
Message 103 of 110

It was in the european Moto website that there wouldnt be an update. Got the same answer in mail from Motorola.

NEND
Paper Tape
Views: 702
Message 104 of 110

Just received the last security update for my Z2 Force on AT&T. Missed up how we will no longer receive these and Verizon gets a 9.0 update and continued security updates.

At least this will be my last Moto, going back to Google with the Pixel. To much deception and misleading tactics for me Motorola.

I hate being without security updates, but no matter those others on Verizon probably will not get one till 2020.

Katetpz
What's DOS?
Views: 579
Message 105 of 110

The update is awful.

1. No one at Verizon or Motorola know why these sudden changes happened.  After 3 hours on the phone I figured it out myself. Only solutions offered (a) factory reset and lose all data (b) go wait in line at a Verizon store for hours

2. Phone icon functionality is awful and only brings up the contact list or history while in a call.  There are now tiny pull down menus just to use the phone  and if you lose the floating circle you can't turn it off.  Too many steps added to simple phone calling.

3. All the open pages are different- no small thumbnails with the x to delete -now  you  have to swipe them. If I wanted an apple I'd buy an apple. 

4.The display brightness is too bright and can't make it dim. 

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 520
Message 106 of 110

@Katetpz wrote:

The update is awful.

1. No one at Verizon or Motorola know why these sudden changes happened.  After 3 hours on the phone I figured it out myself. Only solutions offered (a) factory reset and lose all data (b) go wait in line at a Verizon store for hours

2. Phone icon functionality is awful and only brings up the contact list or history while in a call.  There are now tiny pull down menus just to use the phone  and if you lose the floating circle you can't turn it off.  Too many steps added to simple phone calling.

3. All the open pages are different- no small thumbnails with the x to delete -now  you  have to swipe them. If I wanted an apple I'd buy an apple. 

I don't understand why "no one at Moto or Verizon knows why these changes happened...".  Everything you mentioned are new Android 9.0 Pie features.  Your phone must have updated to Android 9 Pie.  Those are new things that Google built into Pie.

~Scott
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 489
Message 107 of 110

@sajokaz wrote:

@Katetpz wrote:

The update is awful.

I don't understand why "no one at Moto or Verizon knows why these changes happened...".  Everything you mentioned are new Android 9.0 Pie features.  Your phone must have updated to Android 9 Pie.  Those are new things that Google built into Pie.

This mostly is part to you receiving the upgrade to 9.0. Verizon in the US was the only provider to get this. Some are part of the new OS upgrade. The brightness issue should be able to be changed in the settings under display.

Dieu68
What's DOS?
Views: 370
Message 108 of 110

I have an unlocked Verizon Moto ZF2 I bought outright on eBay and got the update. I have been a Motorola buyer since the original Droid came out. I have been loyal for all these years, however, I must stand with my fellow Moto user's and say I will never buy another Moto device ever and I also will not buy anymore mods in protest to this obvious f u to the Moto comunity. Here's a finger back at you Lenovo and Motorola!

Bill_Stuntz
Token Ring
Views: 312
Message 109 of 110

I purchased my Z2F from T-Mo on Black Friday 2017 when my 2013 Moto-X (purchased directly from MOTO) died.  I got screwed on OS upgrades on both, and because I DIDN'T buy my X from T-MO, it didn't support WIFI calling even though my previous T-MO Defy had supported it.    I feel lucky that I've had absolutely no actual problems with my Z2F.  I've liked all my moto phones, but I'm with you.  I, too, am DONE with MOTO!  My wife needs a new phone as soon as my Z2F is paid off.  It won't be Moto!

The only truly stupid question is the one you SHOULD have asked - but DIDN'T.
chazmo
Paper Tape
Views: 262
Message 110 of 110

I'm on board ... NO MO MOTO FO ME or any of my family and friends if I can help it. Bad decision on your part. You should suffer the consequences of your erroneous ways. Your sales will plummet due to your actual disdain for what was previously your market. Bye mOTO
Top Kudoed Authors