Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z² Force
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

02-03-2018

US

12 Signins

94 Page Views

  • Posts: 10
  • Registered: ‎02-03-2018
  • Location: US
  • Views: 94
  • Message 1 of 12

Android Pie out and still not Oreo on my z2 force

2019-06-13, 18:23 PM

Whats the deal Moto? On both, my carriers site and motos site there are instructions on how to get the upgrade so I know its available (my phone doesn't think so). From what I hear its this line about network congestion blah blah blah. Oreo is more than a 1 year old, now Pie is coming out. I bought the phone with the promise that it will get Oreo but I'm starting to think I've been lied to.

 

What is the real hold up??? 

Reply
Options

13138 Posts

02-02-2016

US

1405 Signins

8890 Page Views

  • Posts: 13138
  • Registered: ‎02-02-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 8890
  • Message 2 of 12

Re: Android Pie out and still not Oreo on my z2 force

2019-06-13, 19:01 PM

 wrote:

Whats the deal Moto? On both, my carriers site and motos site there are instructions on how to get the upgrade so I know its available (my phone doesn't think so). From what I hear its this line about network congestion blah blah blah. Oreo is more than a 1 year old, now Pie is coming out. I bought the phone with the promise that it will get Oreo but I'm starting to think I've been lied to.

 

What is the real hold up??? 


They won't say anything. But what provider do you see that says it's available? I have TMobile and it's listed as still in manufacturers development. Next step would be internal testing before public release.. 

Reply
Options

10 Posts

02-03-2018

US

12 Signins

94 Page Views

  • Posts: 10
  • Registered: ‎02-03-2018
  • Location: US
  • Views: 94
  • Message 3 of 12

Re: Android Pie out and still not Oreo on my z2 force

2019-06-13, 19:21 PM
Moto:
https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/indevice_detail/a_id/125885/p/30,6720,10303

*If you drill into this more you can actually get to a page that say:
"
moto z2 force
TThis device will be upgraded to the Android 9 (Pie) release of Android, pending partner support.
"

AT&T:
https://www.att.com/devicehowto/tutorial.html#!/stepbystep/id/stepbystep_KM1226455?make=Motorola&model=MotoZ2XT1789&gsi=is9d0t

BTW, I'm AT&T. I was on the phone with them about this issue and they said that its on the moto side.
Reply
Options

13138 Posts

02-02-2016

US

1405 Signins

8890 Page Views

  • Posts: 13138
  • Registered: ‎02-02-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 8890
  • Message 4 of 12

Re: Android Pie out and still not Oreo on my z2 force

2019-06-14, 5:38 AM

 wrote:
Moto:
https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/indevice_detail/a_id/125885/p/30,6720,10303

*If you drill into this more you can actually get to a page that say:
"
moto z2 force
TThis device will be upgraded to the Android 9 (Pie) release of Android, pending partner support.
"

AT&T:
https://www.att.com/devicehowto/tutorial.html#!/stepbystep/id/stepbystep_KM1226455?make=Motorola&model=MotoZ2XT1789&gsi=is9d0t

BTW, I'm AT&T. I was on the phone with them about this issue and they said that its on the moto side.

My bad. I thought you were looking for 9.0. You should have 8.0 by now. I'll bring this up tomorrow with Motorola and hopefully someone will respond with an answer to help you.

Reply
Options

10 Posts

02-03-2018

US

12 Signins

94 Page Views

  • Posts: 10
  • Registered: ‎02-03-2018
  • Location: US
  • Views: 94
  • Message 5 of 12

Re: Android Pie out and still not Oreo on my z2 force

2019-06-14, 14:16 PM
Yeah, I'm still working on trying to get Oreo. I'm on 7.1.1 NCX26.122-52

Much appreciated!
Reply
Options

18179 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2278 Signins

55537 Page Views

  • Posts: 18179
  • Registered: ‎02-03-2016
  • Location: US
  • Views: 55537
  • Message 6 of 12

Re: Android Pie out and still not Oreo on my z2 force

2019-06-14, 16:40 PM

 wrote:
Yeah, I'm still working on trying to get Oreo. I'm on 7.1.1 NCX26.122-52

Much appreciated!

Hi.

 

Glad to investigate for you. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

 

Thanks!

 

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Reply
Options

10 Posts

02-03-2018

US

12 Signins

94 Page Views

  • Posts: 10
  • Registered: ‎02-03-2018
  • Location: US
  • Views: 94
  • Message 7 of 12

Re: Android Pie out and still not Oreo on my z2 force

2019-06-14, 17:18 PM
Hey Matt, You are all set to check things out!
Reply
Options

3 Posts

08-07-2018

US

6 Signins

47 Page Views

  • Posts: 3
  • Registered: ‎08-07-2018
  • Location: US
  • Views: 47
  • Message 8 of 12

Re: Android Pie out and still not Oreo on my z2 force

2019-06-17, 21:17 PM

Hey Matt,

What about Z2 Force's update to Pie?

got all excited recently, then, nothing.

Thanks!

Matt

Reply
Options

10 Posts

02-03-2018

US

12 Signins

94 Page Views

  • Posts: 10
  • Registered: ‎02-03-2018
  • Location: US
  • Views: 94
  • Message 9 of 12

Re: Android Pie out and still not Oreo on my z2 force

2019-06-20, 1:12 AM

Any update on this Matt?

Reply
Options

3 Posts

08-07-2018

US

6 Signins

47 Page Views

  • Posts: 3
  • Registered: ‎08-07-2018
  • Location: US
  • Views: 47
  • Message 10 of 12

Re: Android Pie out and still not Oreo on my z2 force

2019-06-20, 1:41 AM

?

:(

Reply
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete