Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrmagloo
SCSI Port
Views: 130
Message 21 of 25

Re: Audio Effects Keeps Stopping

Thanks for the help Rich - If there is no way to manually delete the corrupt User Data - Which is all I'm looking to do, then I guess I'll have to live with it.  I really don't want to deal with the full reset now and all that entails.  Seems something always goes wrong with full resets, and everything else has been running so smooth. Don't want to trade one issue for perhaps others.

So to be clear, there is nothing in Motorola's complete arsenal that will allow me or someone to access and delete this User Data?

mrmagloo
SCSI Port
Views: 117
Message 22 of 25

OK, Rich - Here's another angle.  If I use the Moto Smart Asst, and use that to Uninstall the Audio Effects app - which I confirmed I can do, when complete, will MSA make the app available for reinstallation?  That might back into deleting this corrupt User Data, maybe.  However, before proceeding, I want to make sure I what the ability to reinstall.  Thanks. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 94
Message 23 of 25

Hi mrmagloo,

That's interesting. We have tried that and we're not able to uninstall the preloaded apps. We still recommend doing the full factory data reset as I previously suggested. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

mrmagloo
SCSI Port
Views: 84
Message 24 of 25

Hmm, interesting.  With the Moto Smart Asst, it gives me the option in developer mode, to uninstall any and all, factory apps.  There is a button to the right of each app that says Uninstall.  I clicked the button for the Audio Effects, and up came a challenge dialog that asked if I was sure.  At that point, I cancelled to post the response above.  You can't get that far?

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 65
Message 25 of 25

Hi mrmagloo,

We've tried uninstalling some preloaded apps including the Audio Effects, with our test phone. It showed uninstalling but didn't really uninstall the app. Have you gone through the factory data reset? Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors