Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_Chris_
Punch Card
Views: 412
Message 1 of 8

Battery issue

Im using a Moto z force and it's charger and 6w of use I'm getting my phone to 100% charged not fully turned on and when I unplug it and turn it on it goes to 80 to 70% and that's fine and when it goes on SoundCloud it immediately turns off next time I unlocked my phone and I restart it and it's under 10% but I can launch it in factory mod which removes my services but have the exact phone percentage and now it's just saying no battery and when I charge it, the second later it jumps back to 71% after with less than 20min of use and it buggs me that I have to charge my phone again and quickly drain battery with a non tax consuming task as just listening to songs on my phone 

If there's a fix for this please reply (っ﹏-))

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 411
Message 2 of 8

Re: Battery issue

@_Chris_ wrote:

Im using a Moto z force and it's charger and 6w of use I'm getting my phone to 100% charged not fully turned on and when I unplug it and turn it on it goes to 80 to 70% and that's fine and when it goes on SoundCloud it immediately turns off next time I unlocked my phone and I restart it and it's under 10% but I can launch it in factory mod which removes my services but have the exact phone percentage and now it's just saying no battery and when I charge it, the second later it jumps back to 71% after with less than 20min of use and it buggs me that I have to charge my phone again and quickly drain battery with a non tax consuming task as just listening to songs on my phone 

If there's a fix for this please reply (っ﹏-))

Sadly, it sounds like your battery is dead. It would need service to fix it.

Highlighted
elwilcox
What's DOS?
Views: 332
Message 3 of 8

battery drain on Droid Force

Battery shows 100% then log in and just open messages and drains immediately to 0 and shuts down.  SHow 100% , go to take a picture and it shuts down. Attached a moto mod battery fully charged and drains again.    If i don't use the phone at all battery still drains slows then 0 with 3 hours.  Just starting happening and phone is barely 2 years old if that.    Can't get any customer service so looking for advice or suggestions

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 313
Message 4 of 8

Re: battery drain on Droid Force

Those are the classic symptoms of a failed battery.  You either need a new battery installed (a repair) or a new phone.  Unfortunately.

~Scott
Ethankonnolly
Paper Tape
Views: 296
Message 5 of 8

Issues with the phone turning pn

So in january I did a security update on my Moto z2 force. After the update I set the phone down and when I came back to it it wouldnt turn on. When i have the phone plugged in to charge the screen lights up and shows that its charging. But it wont let me power on the phone. Ive tried holding down the volume down button and plugging it in and it opens the menu. I can scroll through the options using the volume buttons but it just shuts back off. Ive tried master resetting it as well but it just turns off and shows that the phone is charging.

I would appreciate if anyone knew what is wrong with the phone to respond

berzerker12
Broadband 3G
Views: 250
Message 6 of 8

Re: Issues with the phone turning pn

Your battery needs to be replaced.

sdrolz
SCSI Port
Views: 214
Message 7 of 8

Since you are suggesting the battery be replaced, where would you suggest that be done?  These phones don't have an easily replaceable battery and there are no Motorola stores to take the phone to.  I am having a similar problem, the just shuts down with the battery in some middle percentage, 40, 30, 20 somethings.  then I connect it to a charger after it shut down and it reads 1%, I wait a few minutes, restart the phone and its suddenly back up to 40-something percent.   Is this a sign the battery is dying?  Then were does a motorola owner go to replace the battery?

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 209
Message 8 of 8

@sdrolz wrote:

Since you are suggesting the battery be replaced, where would you suggest that be done?  These phones don't have an easily replaceable battery and there are no Motorola stores to take the phone to.  I am having a similar problem, the just shuts down with the battery in some middle percentage, 40, 30, 20 somethings.  then I connect it to a charger after it shut down and it reads 1%, I wait a few minutes, restart the phone and its suddenly back up to 40-something percent.   Is this a sign the battery is dying?  Then were does a motorola owner go to replace the battery?

There are several options: Request a repair or replacement phone from Moto, using the RMA support option on their website (the support link is available in the top corner of every Forum page).  There are fees associated.  Or find a local repair shop that is reputable and will do the job.  Or buy an official kit from iFixIt and replace it yourself if you know how.

~Scott

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors