Did you mean: 
doesntmatterany
Fanfold Paper
Views: 574
Message 71 of 174

Re: Bluetooth Issue Introduced With Oreo 8.0 - Moto Z2 Force

@Agent_Rich wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I'm seeing 2 different issues here. Please confirm which of you is having an issue with "Unable to Rewind /Fast Forward while Playing Music" and "Bluetooth Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting when Playing Music", the team needs to verify if these issues are related or totally different issues.  Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

The Bluetooth keeps disconnecting and reconnecting while music is playing.

Motoz2jim
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 571
Message 72 of 174

I'm having the Bluetooth issue with phone vs music...it's either...or...not both. And very difficult to establish the music side... FYI.

SteveGil
Paper Tape
Views: 574
Message 73 of 174

I have pursued this issue as far as I have been able to with Motorola.  To date, I have had no success.  The lack of success is due to the fact of a certain intransigent level of either avoidance or incompetence.  Let me be clear on this last point:  the 'tier 3' support rep with whom I spoke was courteuous, empathetic and did push the issue as far as his limited ability to do so with his superiors.  The bottom line that is being held by Motorola is:  this is my car manufacturers problem.  In other words, it's my job to push on my auto manufactuer (in my case, BMW) to have them push forward their software to be compatible with Google's Android operating system.  Specifically - and this has been previously well articulated by one of the other respondents on this chain (platypie101, going back to February of this year!) - that the AVRCP 1.3 ommission in Oreo 8.0 is the source of the problem which has been noted by a large number of other people (as noted in this issue's communication chain).  I pushed hard on the fact that it is NOT my responsibility as the customer to chase down an auto manufacturer to move whatever they must to be compatible with whatever arbitrary change Google decides to make to their software.  (Which, I can only wonder, is due to the fact that in frustration they'd love me to say, aw heck, why don't I just trade in my car and get one that's Android Auto friendly?  Balderdash.)  Instead, it is Google's responsibility and Motorola's as their direct partner to ensure that feature functionality is NOT impeded by an arbitrary code change.  A code change, I might add, that in my research was noted by beta testers of Oreo who they themselves noted inconsistent behaviors in the Bluetooth functionality.

I have done similar research as my fellow sufferers here on this forum and also have strong feeling that the 8.1 update to Oreo - which allegedly restores the 1.3 version of the AVRCP bluetooth media transfer protocol - could be a very direct line between the two points of people continuing to be frustrated and having their problem solved.  In my querying of the support rep who tried to help be with regards to any indication that Motorola is currently working to vet and/or release the Oreo 8.1 update to resolve this issue, all I was told was that at his level, no such notice or inclination has been supplied.  This is incredulous.  How can a company - who can view right here in their very own forum direct customer feedback about a problem that has been made know for the better part of 9 MONTHS (if not longer) - still be asking questions like it's a brand new issue for them?

The resolution is simple:  Motorola vets 8.1 with their partner Google as to whether or not AVRCP 1.3 is restored in that update.  If it is, test it.  If it indeed does restore the functionality, get it out to its customers immediately thereafter.  That's it.  Is anyone within Motorola even reading these posts?  It there anyone that cares?  Enough is enough with billion dollar corporations being unable to do the simple things right.  I have not even used to any benefit any of the alleged benefits of the Oreo update.  What I have done is lose a simple and basic everyday use of my Motorola device.  More than a plentiful amount of Motorola device customers have brought this to the fore.

It is time for Motorola to earn our business.  The same goes for Google.  What say you, Motorola?  Google?

reality-check
Fanfold Paper
Views: 547
Message 74 of 174

Google did address the problem not long after the issue was brought to light by releasing Android 8.1, putting back AVRCP 1.3.  It's solely on Lenovo/Moto to allow us to have 8.1, and they are the sole blockers for us, the paying customers, to have this issue resolved.  Other smartphone manufacturers have pushed 8.1 to please their customer base, and that's how it should work.

I'm pretty blown away that they told us to approach the vehicle manufacturers to have this fixed.  In my case, it's a Honda, but I've seen Jeep, Hyundai, etc, also effected as I search the Internet.  If they take into consideration that even the slightest change to a vehicle must go through layers of approval channels (NTSB, etc), then it's obvious how ridiculous this response is.  The automotive industry is heavily regulated.  Lenovo/Moto had no problem jamming 8.0 down our throats and obviously didn't test it adequately, so in turn they should be equally willing to fix the issue for the software they forced on us.  You do not get to introduce a bug to your entire customer base and walk away without owning responsibility.  Sure, you can remind us that it's Google's bug, but they've also fixed it in 8.1 quite some time ago.

I have a Verizon Moto Z2 Force and this bug was introduced to me in December of 2017 so I'm 9 months into this and still going strong.  This will be my last Moto device.  I otherwise like the phone a lot but the company does not stand by their product.  The phone came with an expensive flagship price tag but the honeymoon was over very quickly when they threw this buggy Android update over the fence and ran away.  As the previous poster mentioned, you get a little tired of the big dog corporations putting spins on their sub-par policies and procedures.

Ultra55371
Punch Card
Views: 523
Message 75 of 174

Hello Rich, my car is a 2013 Kia Optima EX.  My Z2 Force can connect to the car but for calls only.  As soon as I try playing any app that plays music, my bluetooth disconnects.  I was told my issue was the car manufacture, but as I read more and more comments from different customers, the issue is that we need to have Oreo 8.1 with AVRCP 1.3.  Currently my phone only does 1.4 and above.  Please update to Oreo 8.1 and that should solve everyones issues.  I have had no connection issues until I updated to Oreo 8.0.

Highlighted
Motoz2jim
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 520
Message 76 of 174

Agent Rich,

Update to 8.1...NOW!

Motozuser53
Fanfold Paper
Views: 515
Message 77 of 174

It doesn't disconnect altogether as an drops the bluetooth device. What happens is that you lose the availability to switch to a call while listening to music (can't hear the caller through the bluetooth , and have to switch to speaker or call them back) then when you switch back to bluetooth the music skips. Making it unbearable to hear music via bluetooth. I basically cannot use bluetooth. I reverted to using aux and putting callers on speaker which I can barely hear. I also then lose the availability to charge the phone because no aux port! Just update to android P already to resolve the issue. I too have a Verizon Moto Force Z2

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 480
Message 78 of 174

Hi Everyone,

I will need more BUG report for our Engineers can further investigate. 

BUG REPORT FOR BLUETOOTH ISSUE
1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go in to the developer options mode]
2. After the above steps Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable Usb debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive
9. Open the File Manager app on your phone and tap on Local on the top right. Browse to internal.
10. Upload the btsnoop_hci.log to your Google Drive as well
11. Share the link to the BugReport and btsnoop_hci.log on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
12. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time.
13. One completed to Settings-> Developer options -> Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log > Toggle Off

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

gonzaloaf
Serial Port
Views: 461
Message 79 of 174

@Agent_Rich wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I'm seeing 2 different issues here. Please confirm which of you is having an issue with "Unable to Rewind /Fast Forward while Playing Music" and "Bluetooth Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting when Playing Music", the team needs to verify if these issues are related or totally different issues.  Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Hello Agent_Rich,

I have this issue:

Bluetooth Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting when Playing Music

But there are many issues related:

• Is not possible to make phone calls during the issue.
  • If you are playing music in Spotify, music start skipping.

I have to turn off and turn on the bluetooth on the phone as a workaround.

Ultra55371
Punch Card
Views: 467
Message 80 of 174

Hi Rich, I am unsure about how to send you the bug report.  Do you have a e-mail I can send it too?  Also, you mentioned that you wanted to take note of the behavior of the phone prior to sending the bug report.  Does that mean I shoud try and connect again to my car then send the bug report to you?  Please clarify.  

On a side note, I was reading reviews on Amazon and for the Moto X4, a customer mentioned that he recieved the 8.1 update in June of 2018.  If that is true, then why hasn't it been updated for the Z2 yet?

Top Kudoed Authors