Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 681
Message 81 of 174

Re: Bluetooth Issue Introduced With Oreo 8.0 - Moto Z2 Force

Hi Ultra55371,

Thanks for the response. You can send the bug report here on this thread or you can pm here, just let me know if you'll send it via pm. I would suggest turning off and on the phone before testing the Bluetooth and make sure no other apps opened. 
Software can't be released until it's fully tested. And we test to make sure there are no significant errors. So if there are serious errors, the timing would have to move so that they can be addressed. Plus, there may be delays from partners or carriers that also need to conduct tests, and we don't have control over that.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

buyhevs-98
SCSI Port
Views: 670
Message 82 of 174

I keep hearing that bugs that are introduced when OS updates may be issues with apps.  Here is my issue with that position:

1) Phone works fine on Android 7, and some of us don't accept auto-updates of apps if they are working as is

2) OS is updated to Android 8

3) Android forces all apps to be reinstalled at latest level

So a bug might be caused by an app, but it was introduced on our phone when the OS was updated.

Highlighted
platypie101
Punch Card
Views: 628
Message 83 of 174

Unable to fast forward / rewind while listening to music. I'm actually the original poster. Mostly it was about the bluetooth controls on my car stereo, but since then I've also found that the controls on my Bluetooth headset (Plantronics BackBeat Fit) had lost additional control functionality with the Oreo transition, such as pause and skip. If there is any chance our devices see Android Pie, hopefully some of these functions will return. It's pretty obvious Moto didn't prioritize this issue. The original post is from early in the year, right after the Oreo transition. It's now September. I'm sure Moto would like us to move on to the next "improved" model instead, but $900 phones should be supported by their manufacturer for more than one year. I apologize for my hint of disgust, but customers buying a premium phone expect better. Very disappointed.

SteveGil
Paper Tape
Views: 609
Message 84 of 174

Coudn't agree more.  Clearly, those of us who feel the same are not going to let this go and won't be worn down by time.  The need by Lenovo/Motorola to be responsible for their products and their effects on their customers does not go away with the passage of time.

Minimally, the straight line between two points in the short term is a vetting and issuance of the 8.1 update.  I'm not sure how many times we need to make the request before it is responded to with a plan of action.

doesntmatterany
Fanfold Paper
Views: 591
Message 85 of 174

Believe me, this has gone on too long for it to still not work. A plan of action is or should be on the way since Moto seems to be giving the consumers the run-around about correcting the issue.
buyhevs-98
SCSI Port
Views: 588
Message 86 of 174

Depending upon your carrier, our phones will be getting Android Pie!Screenshot_20180904-135906.png

SteveGil
Paper Tape
Views: 590
Message 87 of 174

In my case, I purchased the phone unlocked and directly from Motorola.  I am not beholden to my carrier for an OS update.  It comes directly from Motorola.  As I'm sure a number of other users tracking this problem are in the same position.  Ergo, the push to get Motorola to support their own customers of their own devices.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 546
Message 88 of 174

Hi Everyone,

Our team is working on this, rest assured. We need more bug report for this. Please follow the instruction I provided above and let me know so I can cascade the report to the team. Thank you. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Motozuser53
Fanfold Paper
Views: 505
Message 89 of 174

Bug report sent via private message

gonzaloaf
Serial Port
Views: 479
Message 90 of 174

@Agent_Rich wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Our team is working on this, rest assured. We need more bug report for this. Please follow the instruction I provided above and let me know so I can cascade the report to the team. Thank you. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Hi Agent_Rich,

I uploaded two bug reports and send via private message.

Top Kudoed Authors