Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasiux
Paper Tape
Views: 547
Message 181 of 194

Re: Bluetooth Issue Introduced With Oreo 8.0 - Moto Z2 Force

When you order to reset the bluetooth before logging, it introduces certain usage pattern when error my not occur.

I have sent an error report with the issue to you in private message.

Hope that helps.

dvdmynhnz
Paper Tape
Views: 544
Message 182 of 194

Thanks Motorola, I'm still stranded up the same creek without a paddle thanks to the new, well, more than a year old operating protocol  Customer service at it's finest.  Your the (fill in the blank) best!!

gonzaloaf
Serial Port
Views: 526
Message 183 of 194

@Agent_Rich wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Our team is asking us, please send us another BUG report with the enable HCI Log enabled in Developer Options. 

1. Turn Bluetooth OFF.
2. Settings => About Phone => Tap 8 times in Build Number to enable the Developer Options.
3. Settings => Developer Options => Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log
4. Turn Bluetooth ON, start the test, once phone disconnects from Car Kit, trigger a complete Bug Report.

Does this disconnection issue when making a call happens only if the phone was playing music through Bluetooth before the call? If you stop the music and then makes a call, does it work fine?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Rich,

I've sent more than 6 bug reports, also reading some posts of this thread your developers team should understand and know how to reproduce the issue, not asking us to send bug reports.

I have two Moto Z2 Force and both have the problem. Give some Moto Z2 phones to your dev team and start to work on the issue.

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 521
Message 184 of 194

Not all Z2 Force phones experience the issue described in the original post, it all depends on the type of Bluetooth system used in your vehicle.  The original post has all the info that Moto should need:

"...I think I may have narrowed the problem down to the Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (or AVRCP) version available in Oreo 8.0. This version of Oreo gives us the option to choose between AVRCP versions 1.4 (default), 1.5 and 1.6 using Developer options. The last version of Android we were on (Nougat 7.1.1) supported AVRCP version 1.3, and was compatible with most bluetooth receivers sold over the last few years........  My stereo works with version 1.3 and I'm pretty sure this is why I've lost the rewind and fast-forward functionality. Some users seem to be experiencing a variety of issues since updating to Oreo - connection issues, functionality and issues with built-in GPS/stereos.

....The next version of Oreo, 8.1, has restored the capability to go back to using AVRCP version 1.3 (at least that is what Pixel owners are saying). "

I think most of the Bluetooth issues described in this thread were just part of Oreo 8.0 but were resolved by Google with 8.1

~Scott
dvdmynhnz
Paper Tape
Views: 513
Message 185 of 194

Step two requires a PIN; my personal PIN didn't do it.  What do you suggest now

Highlighted
Kocurfan
Paper Tape
Views: 478
Message 186 of 194

I read through all 19 pages of this thread and signed up for this forum just to add support to the issue of not being able to fast forward or rewind music playing on my Z2 Play (OS 8.0) from devices like Bluetooth speakers, headphones or my car's audio deck.  NONE of my Bluetooth devices can affect what's playing from my phone.  In fact, my LG Tone headphone just beep at me when I press the skip foward button, indicating the command was not accepted.  My primary Bluetooth speaker does nothing when I press skip or rewind, where pre-Oreo 8.0 it would actually cause the desired action on the phone.

It seems simple to understand that the change in 8.0 to eliminate AVRCP 1.3 was the sole cause of this Bluetooth problem, and the remediation is to push 8.1.  What is difficult to understand is why Lenovo/Motorola is taking SUCH a long time to push 8.1. 

Agent_Rich, we are not blaming you personally but please understand as customers:

1) we believe plenty of bug reports have been provided in response to the issues

2) we know the cause,

3) we know the fix, and

4) we know the fixed version has been available on the market for months.

In response, Motorola needs to tell us why 8.1 has not yet been released for the Z2 line, whether it ever will be released for the Z2 line (and if not, when 9.0 Pie is going to be released), and detail the changes being made to the OS release process to prevent such a huge gap like this from happening again.

Without that communication and commitment, Levono/Motorola risks further erosion of customer base across the multiple channels (computers, tablets, phones, etc). I cannot recommend Lenovo products and it's been mentioned others will not as well.  This has the trappings of a PR nightmare.  More communication of status, issues and timeline can help.  What can you share with us?

Anxiously awaiting a formal response,

Kocurfan

Z2 Play owner

Kocurfan
Paper Tape
Views: 387
Message 187 of 194

And that lack of response is why I went out and bought a Pixel 3 this weekend. 

Bye Lenovo, I won't be buying any of your products again.  Seems your process to resolve problems is not very agile so my money is going to competitors that can provide customer service after the sale.

Ultra55371
Punch Card
Views: 197
Message 188 of 194

Due to Motorola's inability to deal with this issue, this last weekend I puchased a LG G8.  Awesome phone that is made much better than any Motrola phones I have seen to date and it works with the Bluetooth on my car once more.

Since Saturday I have had to Andriod updates and 2 software updates.  They are clearly taking action when issues arrise.

Over the next year as contracts expire, I will be switching all my families phones from Motorola over to LG.  The quality and feature sets are so much better then what Motorola currently have to offer.

dvdmynhnz
Paper Tape
Views: 174
Message 189 of 194

Dear Moto unsupport team, I'm outraged that your answers to everyone with this well documented issue is more bug reports. As a customer I feel you stole your script from a movie demanding TPS reporting. New day, same BS. You win, I just don't care anymore

SEngelien
What's DOS?
Views: 119
Message 190 of 194

I have decided that as soon as I pay off my Z2Force I am never buying a Motorola phone again.  I will be exploring the other options out there.  I can't wait till November!

Top Kudoed Authors