Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dwwilson
Token Ring
Views: 420
Message 171 of 194

Re: Bluetooth Issue Introduced With Oreo 8.0 - Moto Z2 Force

I use an ear bud 90% and noticed with plantronics and others and even with the phone on me the callers after 5 minutes can not hear me or I dont hear them. Now with music it is not as radical however it happens. It does not matter if I am on wifi or LTE for the calls or music. Its just something I live with because I still love playing with mods and the Note 9 sits on the shelf. 

ajaegermeister
Paper Tape
Views: 379
Message 172 of 194

I also have Bluetooth audio problems on a daily basis. Where is the Android 9 update that fixes this problem?

MixManSC
Punch Card
Views: 345
Message 173 of 194

There is no update you can just get. When the carriers finish their checks on Pie it will become available. I know everyone on here likes to blame Lenovo for taking a while to get us updates but a major part of the delays are that the updates also have to go through a full qualification by the different carriers (Verizon, etc) as well. What priority they, Lenovo, Google, etc give one specific model over another is something that people can only make uninformed assumptions about.
reality-check
Fanfold Paper
Views: 337
Message 174 of 194

According to some quick Internet search results, Verizon starting rolling out Pie 9.0 in August 2018 to the Pixel line of phones.  So at that point, they've blessed the release.

I'd also argue your statement that the carrier is a significant role in this process.  Yes, they do some testing and are a very minor part of the decision, but no longer are the carriers a major factor.  The baseband and radio part of the OS doesn't go through a heck of a lot of changes these days.  The OS changes are overwhelmingly for the UI, security, user experience, etc.

And thirdly, we can all attest for how well the qualification process works based on this bug we've had for over year.  Yes, that was heavy sarcasm.  There's no excuse to hold it up if you've pushed garbage out previously.

To be clear, this is a Moto/Lenovo issue.  If you take some time to do some research, they have a reputation of only pushing the major release version (7.0, 8.0, 9.0, etc) and not so much pushing the minor updates (7.1, 8.1, 9.1, etc).  That is a problem as bug fixes happen in those releases, and other cool features and tweaks.

dvdmynhnz
Paper Tape
Views: 248
Message 175 of 194

This is truly unbelievable . I have been struggling with this same issue for months. Today, the Motorola rep told me to contact Google!  Seriously! 

ajaegermeister
Paper Tape
Views: 210
Message 176 of 194

I am getting close to abandoning ship and never purchasing another Motorola/Lenovo product. You cannot release broken software and then wait a year to fix it.

dvdmynhnz
Paper Tape
Views: 191
Message 177 of 194

I couldn't agree more. Unbelievable
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 154
Message 178 of 194

Hi Everyone,

Our team is asking us, please send us another BUG report with the enable HCI Log enabled in Developer Options. 

1. Turn Bluetooth OFF.
2. Settings => About Phone => Tap 8 times in Build Number to enable the Developer Options.
3. Settings => Developer Options => Enable Bluetooth HCI snoop log
4. Turn Bluetooth ON, start the test, once phone disconnects from Car Kit, trigger a complete Bug Report.

Does this disconnection issue when making a call happens only if the phone was playing music through Bluetooth before the call? If you stop the music and then makes a call, does it work fine?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

dvdmynhnz
Paper Tape
Views: 143
Message 179 of 194

Agent Rich and your team of experts: What part of "anything other than phone* forces Bluetooth to disconnect" are you guys refusing to understand? Phone* calls work right up to whenever media of any type is attempted.  Any and all attempts to engage media results in Bluetooth being turned off by the phone regardless. In other very clear terms MUSIC DOES NOT PLAY THROUGH MY 2013 KIA OPTIMA UVO SYSTEM. (Period, as in never ever). Guess what, that means music never ever (since the Oreo push) streams in Bluetooth; never ever Rich, never . I repeat, never but did work prior to the Oreo 8.0 push

Motoz2jim
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 134
Message 180 of 194

Same here...Rich.

Fix it!

Top Kudoed Authors