11-01-2016

US

5 Signins

80 Page Views

• Views: 80
  • Message 11 of 21

Re: Brand New Z Force cannot see Bluetooth devices

2017-06-23, 16:22 PM

No change .  After following your steps.  

Options

8 Posts

06-07-2017

US

10 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 12 of 21

2017-06-23, 20:27 PM

And I had already done all of these steps with no luck as well.  In fact, I had reset my entire phone, which also did not work.  Something with the Nougat update (or the recent security update) changed how the Bluetooth processes behave on my phone, and because of the reset I did, that appears to be a function independent of all my apps or data with the possible exception of the apps which came preinstalled on my phone, as they were the only things left after the reset when I tried to pair before doing anything else to rebuild my phone.

Also of note:  if I try to pair the Bose Quiet Comfort 35 headset using NFC, the NFC recognizes the specific model of headset, and tells me it will try to pair it, but is then unable to pair it to Bluetooth according to the subsequent error I receive.  Other pairing devices are not alternatively NFC pairable, so I can't even get the phone to recognize them at all. 

Options

3454 Posts

10-05-2016

PH

534 Signins

43792 Page Views

• Views: 43792
  • Message 13 of 21

2017-06-28, 14:09 PM

Hi symphonynymph,

If resetting the phone didn't work, I would suggest having it repaired to have it fixed.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Options

8 Posts

06-07-2017

US

10 Signins

90 Page Views

• Message 14 of 21

2017-06-28, 17:42 PM

Seriously?  I told you that I did a factory reset and it didn't work in my very first post three weeks ago.  Why did you leave me to believe that you were looking in to this problem by asking me to provide data and permissions if this was going to be the answer all along?  I should have just returned the phone and gone with another brand while I still had the chance.  A brand new phone shouldn't need repair.  It should just be replaced with another brand new phone that works correctly. 

Options

15438 Posts

02-04-2016

US

260 Signins

3971 Page Views

• Views: 3971
  • Message 15 of 21

2017-06-28, 19:02 PM

wrote:

Seriously?  I told you that I did a factory reset and it didn't work in my very first post three weeks ago.  Why did you leave me to believe that you were looking in to this problem by asking me to provide data and permissions if this was going to be the answer all along?  I should have just returned the phone and gone with another brand while I still had the chance.  A brand new phone shouldn't need repair.  It should just be replaced with another brand new phone that works correctly. 

I have seen plenty of brand new phones that need to be repaired. Just because it is brand new doesn't mean that all phones are going to be perfect. That is what the warranty is for. 

I am really sorry that you are having the problem, but I would suggest that you go through the repair process and work on getting a phone that works correctly. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Options

18 Posts

02-11-2017

MX

31 Signins

644 Page Views

• Views: 644
  • Message 16 of 21

2017-06-28, 19:17 PM

wrote:

wrote:

I have seen plenty of brand new phones that need to be repaired. Just because it is brand new doesn't mean that all phones are going to be perfect. That is what the warranty is for. 

I am really sorry that you are having the problem, but I would suggest that you go through the repair process and work on getting a phone that works correctly. Hope this helps.

Hello.

Ok I've already read all this trend and this response it's ridiculous when you buy a New phone that is a Flag ship phone for a company you are wondering that's an amazing phone and that it couldn't fail. Because the company have to check their units before to sell, and that is called Quality Control. If Moto didn't have this Quiality control wouldn't be our problem. The warranty service its for another topics a specific failures not for phones that are broken down, at the first startup setup. I've had a lot of problems with this phone and now I'm asking for the refund. 

Options

15438 Posts

02-04-2016

US

260 Signins

3971 Page Views

• Views: 3971
  • Message 17 of 21

2017-06-28, 19:23 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Hello.

Ok I've already read all this trend and this response it's ridiculous when you buy a New phone that is a Flag ship phone for a company you are wondering that's an amazing phone and that it couldn't fail. Because the company have to check their units before to sell, and that is called Quality Control. If Moto didn't have this Quiality control wouldn't be our problem. The warranty service its for another topics a specific failures not for phones that are broken down, at the first startup setup. I've had a lot of problems with this phone and now I'm asking for the refund. 

There is no company that has a 100% track record on no bad phones when new. There is always a certain percentage that pass quality control and still make it out the door. I am sorry that you are having problems. I hope you get your refund. Good luck.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Options

8 Posts

06-07-2017

US

10 Signins

90 Page Views

• Message 18 of 21

2017-06-28, 19:43 PM

I don't speak for anyone else on my thread, but my personal frustration is not just the brokent phone I literally just bought.  It's that I gave you the information you needed in MY VERY FIRST POST, and then I waited THREE WEEKS with my phone problem only to discover that it needed a repair all along and YOU KNEW THIS FROM THE INFORMATION GIVEN IN MY VERY FIRST POST.  The three weeks of waiting for a resolution which apparently could have been reached immediately is entirely on Lenovo support, regardless of what I chose to do in response to the resolution.  Had I been informed of this resolution three weeks ago, I could have returned the phone to Verizon per their 30 day return policy rather than had to deal with a return at all, so now my options have been limited by Lenovo's inability to read my support needs carefully before responding with the canned responses I had clearly said that I had already tried.  Yes, problems will happen, but there is no excuse for not reading carefully when you are supposed to be providing support based on my SPECIFIC scenario.

Options

14 Posts

02-24-2013

US

12 Signins

112 Page Views

• Views: 112
  • Message 19 of 21

2017-07-27, 15:32 PM

wrote:

Hi ,

If resetting the phone didn't work, I would suggest having it repaired to have it fixed.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

just throwing in here to reference that I'm having a similar but maybe different issue

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Force/Moto-Z-Force-Bluetooth-Will-not-Turn-On/td-p/3750355

Options

6 Posts

05-28-2014

US

11 Signins

78 Page Views

• Views: 78
  • Message 20 of 21

2017-12-31, 21:12 PM

Add my phone to the list where the Bluetooth does not see any devices.  I've already tried everything that was mentioned in this post, including Safe Mode, clearing cache, and factory reset.

I've had my Moto Z for 1 year and a few weeks before the Bluetooth stopped seeing devices, and of course the warranty is 1 year.  This post was the only one I've found so far that has my exact problem, and unfortunately, it appears there's been no research for a solution.

Please reopen this so our Moto Z's can see Bluetooth devices again.

Dave.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms