Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikhilyadav
Paper Tape
Views: 1,475
Message 1 of 11

Burning Smell Charging Port

A burning smell starting coming from the charging port and charging cable from my Moto Z2 Force while charging the phone is working fine but the smell is there n I am afraid to put it to charge again. 

i want to ask if the damage is covered under warranty as I was using the original charger and cable that came along with the phone or if not then the cost of repairing. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,026
Message 2 of 11

Re: Burning Smell Charging Port

Hi nikhilyadav,

Thanks for posting. Sorry to know about that. I'd like to confirm are you using the orginal charger of the phone? If the you confirmed that the smell is coming from the port, have you noticed if the port was wet? Regarding the warranty, let's confirm that from my team in India.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

nikhilyadav
Paper Tape
Views: 990
Message 3 of 11

Yes I was using the original charger. 

No the port wasn't wet.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 955
Message 4 of 11

@nikhilyadav wrote:

Yes I was using the original charger. 

No the port wasn't wet.

Hi nikhilyadav

Thank for replying, please write us at apsocial@motorola.com so that we can have on of our team to further investigate in regards to your case. We might want you to submit your device at the nearest service center and have your device diagnosed. You can share us the job sheet at the above email address mentioned for us to investigate this further.

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Vickyahmed
What's DOS?
Views: 808
Message 5 of 11

A burning smell starting coming from the charging port and charging cable from my Moto Z Force while charging the phone is working fine but the smell is there n I am worried that my mobile not gonna end

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 781
Message 6 of 11

@Vickyahmed wrote:

A burning smell starting coming from the charging port and charging cable from my Moto Z Force while charging the phone is working fine but the smell is there n I am worried that my mobile not gonna end

Hi Vickyahmed,

Welcome to Forums,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our best advice for this situation is that you submit your device for review and repair at one of our service centers so that repair engineer could examine your device and provide a proper resolution.

Click here for the list of Motorola service centers in Pakistan.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Stevens822
What's DOS?
Views: 409
Message 7 of 11

I put my phone on the charger at 2:40 am on 2/13/19 and the battery was at 79%. I went to bed and got up at 7:45am on 2/13/19 so literally almost 5 hours exactly and my phone was hot and turned off. It took forever to turn back on and whenI removed the charger from the charging port it burnt my fingers and had this hot burning smell coming not only from the charging cord but from the charging port as well. The port was not wet and never has been wet, I have also only ever used the charging cord and outlet adapter that came ith my Z2 force. I also have no sound available, I can not call out nor can I receive calls. I can not listen to music its like my speakers are fried. I can send text and use the other apps on my phone as long as the speakers are not needed. 

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 406
Message 8 of 11

@Stevens822 wrote:

I put my phone on the charger at 2:40 am on 2/13/19 and the battery was at 79%. I went to bed and got up at 7:45am on 2/13/19 so literally almost 5 hours exactly and my phone was hot and turned off. It took forever to turn back on and whenI removed the charger from the charging port it burnt my fingers and had this hot burning smell coming not only from the charging cord but from the charging port as well. The port was not wet and never has been wet, I have also only ever used the charging cord and outlet adapter that came ith my Z2 force. I also have no sound available, I can not call out nor can I receive calls. I can not listen to music its like my speakers are fried. I can send text and use the other apps on my phone as long as the speakers are not needed. 

Sorry to hear that, that has to be a bummer.  Is your phone still within the warranty?  Have you contacted Moto customer service and asked about a replacement?

~Scott
Stevens822
What's DOS?
Views: 402
Message 9 of 11

I have had my phone since november of 2017 so I am unsure of whether or not it is still under warrenty. I am planning to call them this afternoon or to take the phone in to my local Verizion store. I am hoping that they will do a replacement so fingers crossed

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 398
Message 10 of 11

The original manufacturer warranty is good for 12 months.  If you bought an extended warranty through Moto or have insurance through Verizon, they might be able to help.  Good luck!

~Scott
Top Kudoed Authors