Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MotoUser18
What's DOS?
Views: 213
Message 11 of 18

Re: Camera crashes on Z2 force after update

Greetings,

So, in the last couple of weeks i have had some rather odd things going on with my Moto 2Z Force, i have researched and i have cleaned out the cache, ive disbled the camera app that is crashing my phone. Ive done a soft reset and i have done a factory reset, ive gone into safe mode to attempt do what needs to be done and nothing. It appears that it is an issues with regards to two things, battery drainage which is no longer an issue since i did factory reset, but the camera app by default keeps crashing my phone and i have to restart the phone, with no picture taken. Ive gone to my T-Mobile they dont know anything, i will say that when the phone crashes it give me random battery life when it would be like 97% and i attempt to use the camera app and drops to like 65%. Ive disabled the Camera app, i have installed 3rd party apps to see if it is app related, nothing is constant with this to try and troubleshoot the issue. I am at a loss, i dont want a new phone i have only had for year, the issues only started since the beginning of May 2019. So, i am on build Oreo 8.0.0, i see that there is an Oreo 8.1 coming but no indication as to when, or IF that is coming? It also appears that it is affecting alot of people with NO help at all.

TY

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 175
Message 12 of 18

Hi MotoUser18,

Have you updated the Moto Camera in Playstore? Please make sure it's on the latest version 7.2.41.55.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Ricnken
What's DOS?
Views: 145
Message 13 of 18

My camera will not even open.

Trevorace
What's DOS?
Views: 174
Message 14 of 18

Re: Camera not saving images

Also having this problem on Moto Z2 Force. Taking lots of photos, clicking sound is occurring, not saving or uploading anywhere to Google photos.

Searching through Files, does not appear to have saved anywhere on internal or SD card memory. Doesn't appear to matter if it's switched to SD or internal storage.

Hurts to lose photos! 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 135
Message 15 of 18

Hi Ricnken,

Thanks for posting on this thread. Can you tell me more about it? I'd like to help. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

dkirk1
Punch Card
Views: 152
Message 16 of 18

Re: Camera not saving images

I just started having this problem too after the last update. Really frustrating. I rebooted and then it started saving again. But it randomly won't save and I end up rebooting.

Also the camera app is now causing the phone to crash.

NEVER had the slightest problem with my phone until now - I've had it almost 2 years.

MixManSC
Punch Card
Views: 61
Message 17 of 18

Also have been having a number of issues the past few weeks. Even still just a little while ago with the newer camera update that says fixed the low light bug and other issues that it installed two days ago.

Have not notice anymore camera freaking out since that one a couple of days ago. But twice in the past 2 days I've had random things just stop working. One a little bit ago, got a notification sound. Unlock with fingerprint, try to swipe down to get to the screen with the Wifi settings, etc and nothing. I can open email and other apps, just swipe down does nothing. This has happened twice. Rebooting the phone fixes it. 

I'm just hoping when Pie which appears to finally be getting some testing in South America might fix it. Up to a month or so ago everything was pretty much fine. Seems like the past month I've been havign to reboot the phone every other day. Couple of times I notice its blazing hot and I see a message that the camera is running in the background. Obviously hung and spiking the CPU. Also noticed a few times that I thought I took a quick picture only to discover it is not there later. 

So some of these recent updates are breaking things instead of fixing things. I also have always had app updates set to manual and just update about once a month.

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 34
Message 18 of 18

Hi Everyone,

Please make sure Moto Camera is updated in Play Store. Go to Play Store > Search Moto Camera > Touch the Update if there's one. Let me know the version of your camera so I can compare. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors