Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Schale011
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,043
Message 1 of 19

Camera crashes on Z2 force after update

Just took the February security update (in May) and it breaks the May 13 version of the Moto camera.  camera will crash after taking a picture.  It will often appear to have taken the picture but when you go to view it you'll see a processing symbol on the bottom left corner.  The app will freeze and then the picture that I just took will disappear.  The camera then becomes unresponsive.  I've experienced this on two separate Z2 Force phones.

陌生人
Paper Tape
Views: 978
Message 2 of 19

Re: Camera crashes on Z2 force after update

me too

DeoreDX
What's DOS?
Views: 943
Message 3 of 19

Having the same problem with the May 13th camera update.  Lost several photos and didn't know why.  Didn't do it 100% of the time most of the ones that disappeared seemed to be low light shots.  Thought it might have been getting hung up on HDR processing but turing off HDR didn't so anything.  Might be getting stuck on noise reduction.  Goto settings-> app and click on the camera app.  click on the [...] at the top right and you can uninstall the update and revret back to old factory default version.  I can now take pictures again.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 926
Message 4 of 19

Hello Everyone,

We're aware that some users are experiencing crashing/freezing with the camera when trying to take photos in low light without the flash. We're actively investigating and will have a new version available on the PlayStore as soon as we have a fix. In the meantime if you're impacted by this and need to take photos in low light you can uninstall the update from the PlayStore (Apps > Play Store > Search for Moto Camera > Uninstall > Ok). We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Schale011
Fanfold Paper
Views: 923
Message 5 of 19

I'm surprised then that the update hasn't been pulled from the play store until corrected.

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 895
Message 6 of 19

@Agent_Rich wrote:

Hello Everyone,

We're aware that some users are experiencing crashing/freezing with the camera when trying to take photos in low light without the flash. We're actively investigating and will have a new version available on the PlayStore as soon as we have a fix. In the meantime if you're impacted by this and need to take photos in low light you can uninstall the update from the PlayStore (Apps > Play Store > Search for Moto Camera > Uninstall > Ok). We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Thanks Agent Rich!  And just to confirm, I think those steps will uninstall the camera app altogether, correct?  Isn't the app update uninstalled from Settings > Apps & Notifications > App Info > Camera > three dot menu > Uninstall Updates ?

Maybe both do the same thing, but it sounds like going through the Play Store completely uninstalls the Moto Camera app?

~Scott
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 879
Message 7 of 19

Hi sajokaz,

Uninstalling the Moto Camera app won't uninstall the app itself since it's a stock app. It's the same way of uninstalling updates from the Settings > Apps > Moto Camera. Both ways will just uninstall the recent update. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 876
Message 8 of 19

Thanks for the update!

~Scott
DeoreDX
What's DOS?
Views: 870
Message 9 of 19

Looks like a new update was released today 5/22. I have tested it and can confirm it fixes the issue on my Z2 Force.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 860
Message 10 of 19

@DeoreDX wrote:
Looks like a new update was released today 5/22. I have tested it and can confirm it fixes the issue on my Z2 Force.

Thanks for checking. Based on the description in Play Store, it looks like that's a fix. I'll confirm that one. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors