Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,335
Message 11 of 19

Re: Can't open links from stock email app

@Jbavaro wrote:

Within the individual email messages there is a phrase "Show pictures and links" under the To/Cc/Bcc header.  When you touch that phrase it will allow you to use the links embedded in the email message.  I was struggling with this for a while, and re-read the solution again a few times, and it hit me where I saw that setting...  It's in the email message itself.

I haven't found where I can set this as a generic setting to allow links to work w/o having to touch that phrase, but at least I'm 50% of the way to using the programs links.

Correct.  In my case, and my examples I posted earlier I have the "Show pictures and links" option when I send the message from my G Mail account.  When I send the message from my work (corporate mail) account the "Show pictures and links" option does not appear so the URL cannot be clicked to open it.  That's what leads me to believe it has something to do with the account that sends the message.  

I am not saying this is not an issue with th stock mail app; it may very well be.  I'm only stating that it does work depending on where the message came from.

~Scott
Jbavaro
What's DOS?
Views: 4,334
Message 12 of 19

Got it...  As an FYI, I was referring to not being able to launch into applications from the stock email app; which I use to connect to my corporate email servers.  

Droid_tubro1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,327
Message 13 of 19

My issue is that the "show pictures and links" function never appears (since the 12/2016 update) when the email contains ONLY a hyperlink.  If there photos and hyperlinks, the option shows.   Taking it one step further, when i use my backup droid turbo 1 (minus the update), the hyperlink works like its done for years.   I just cant figure this one out.   

Nytshaed
Paper Tape
Views: 3,526
Message 14 of 19

I have a new Moto Z Force and had the trouble of links in my GMAIL email app not opening Chrome, nor were attached pictures showing up. I chatted with Moto Support and after the basic regimen of "is it turned on", "are you logged into your email"? stuff, we tried CLEARING THE CACHE partitions, and IT WORKED!  Here is the link to the article I used.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/112125

Droid_tubro1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,510
Message 15 of 19

Hello Nytshaed,

I never had problems with any other email app besides rhw Motorola stock app.   I finally fixed this issue by using one of my own email hosts.   I went through every email address that had only links and no photos and spoofed their address, inserted a photo, added text then sent it to each of the e-mail addresses I was having trouble with.  

Prior to this, I spent hours on the phone with Verizon and Motorola.  Neither of them were any help.  They each assigned blame on each other claiming the stock email app wasnt their responsibility to fix.    

Go figure!  

I hope this solves the problem for others.   

I rarely check this site anymore.  

Jwolfram
What's DOS?
Views: 1,649
Message 16 of 19

None of the solutions here have worked for me. The stock email app on my moto z play does not allow me to click or open hyperlinks or tap on pictures that are links no mater the combo. I have searched for a setting and have found nothing. Pleae help. Please see photo example. The hyper link in the email message is not clickable from default app but works through the Gmail app. 

Nigelt
Blue Screen Again
Views: 103
Message 17 of 19

2020 and this is still a FAIL. WHEN will you FIX THIS??? If I have a link with no pic, it will turn red and STILL not open the link. There is no option to "Show pictures and links". This is incredibly stupid that this has never been addressed.

Nigelt
Blue Screen Again
Views: 101
Message 18 of 19

Also, remove the heading to this topic that says "Solved". It's not "Solved", it's "BROKEN" and it's been "BROKEN" for 4 years.

Highlighted
rmchugh881
What's DOS?
Views: 72
Message 19 of 19

I had the same problem on my Moto Z4 phone. When I opened my Gmail the body of the letter would open, but when I tapped on a link in the email,it said web page not available. It drove me crazy. I went to settings and tried everything but to no avail. Finally I decided to forward the email to my yahoo account. Received the email  opened it up. And when I tapped on the link inside the email it did the same thing,would not open. I was out of answers

What I decided to do was go to play store and uninstall the Gmail app, but when I tried to open Playstore. It said I was not connected to the internet. I thought they were wrong because everything on line worked except the links. What now I far as I knew I was online. Everything checked out. So now what. Last resort I decided to go to settings and check out my internet connection  After opening up my network connections  my wifi was listed as connected and had a very strong signal. I have a dual band router. It was connected to 2.4 ghz. I put it on 5g. Low and behold when I went back to Gmail, everything worked. I still don't understand what happened, but now it works. I hope this helps someone. 

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors