Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wrightpc
Punch Card
Views: 773
Message 1 of 4

Display Brightness Level

After the update to Android 9 the minimum brightness level is much brighter than before the update.

Before the update the minimum level was barely visible in a dark room.

Now the minimum is bright enough to hurt my eyes in a dark room and lights up the room.

I installed an app that places a filter on the main aprt of the screen to make it dimmer but it can't dim the notification area, action buttons, or the lock screen.

How can I adjust the minumum brightness to be darker?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 654
Message 2 of 4

Re: Display Brightness Level

Hi wrightpc,

The new Android Adaptive Brightness is completely redesigned. It now learns from you, based on how you adjust your slider. if you think it's too dim/bright, turn it up/down, and over time Adaptive Brightness will match your preferences. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

wrightpc
Punch Card
Views: 446
Message 3 of 4

Even if adaptive brightness is disabled I cannot turn the brightness down as low as I could before the update. I previously used my phone while doing amateur astronomy but now it is entirely too bright.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 297
Message 4 of 4

Hi wrightpc,

While this shouldn't cause any issues, please keep adjusting the brightness preferences it will learn your preferences in time. This shouldn't impact the performance of the phone. Thanks for your feedback about this.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Top Kudoed Authors