Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CharlesK
SCSI Port
Views: 172
Message 11 of 16

Re: Displaying Screen through USB-C to HDMI

I understand. Is the hardware of the Moto Z2 capable of supporting HDMI out via USB-C? Yes or no? That is a fair question that I trust you could answer. I don't know who else to ask. Nobldy seems to know, so if you can't answer here, I'd truly appreciate a contact number or e-mail to reach out to get an answer. I have the same question for the Z3.

Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 162
Message 12 of 16

Sorry, but Moto Xprts do not work for Motorola. We are volunteers. This is mainly a peer to peer support forum. There are Moto Agents on here though. I think if they had an answer to this we would have seen a reply from them by now. Customer service is the one that should be able to get you an answer. HTH

CharlesK
SCSI Port
Views: 152
Message 13 of 16

I keep forgetting that. Thanks. 

speters
Punch Card
Views: 121
Message 14 of 16

If you really want to display the contents of your screen via HDMI you can purchase the Moto Mod Developer Kit and follow the instructions on Screen mirroring a Moto Z to HDMI

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 110
Message 15 of 16

@CharlesK wrote:

I understand. Is the hardware of the Moto Z2 capable of supporting HDMI out via USB-C? Yes or no? That is a fair question that I trust you could answer. I don't know who else to ask. Nobldy seems to know, so if you can't answer here, I'd truly appreciate a contact number or e-mail to reach out to get an answer. I have the same question for the Z3.

If I had to guess I would say no, as Moto has not had HDMI out over USB on any phone. Only phones with HDMI ports supported HDMI. 

For a definitive answer, why not ask on the hacking/modding forums like XDA? Someone there has surely tried this. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
CharlesK
SCSI Port
Views: 85
Message 16 of 16

That is a shame if it's true. I am following a few threads on XDA but no luck yet. Appreciate the reply.

Top Kudoed Authors