Re: Fast Battery Drain and Phone Freezes Up

My feeling as well.

Highlighted
LMW1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 820
Message 32 of 92

Too many people are having the same exact problem, including myself, so how can you possibly even say that the update isn't causing the issue?
I call *removed*

I loved this phone and have never had one single problem with it, UNTIL AFTER THE OREO UPDATE WAS FORCED ONTO OUR PHONE'S and now I want to throw this paperweight as far as I can throw it!

I chose this phone for picture taking and playing games and even playing games all day long I would only have to charge my phone once maybe twice a day due to the almost non stop game playing that I do. But now I have to walk around with portable chargers attached otherwise it shuts off by itself several times a day and it does so with various battery levels...90% 85% 25% 45% 68% and then it takes anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes before it will turn back on.

It has nothing to do with any specific application I am using because it does this no matter what I am doing. It happens no matter what game I'm playing, it does it when I'm online, when I'm on Facebook or messenger, when I try to take pictures and has even done so when trying to answer a phone call!! So do not tell me or anyone else this is not an Oreo update issue! No one had any of these problems until AFTER this stupid forced update!!!

You people, and by you people I mean Verizon, Motorola, Lenovo, and every other phone service provider and phone manufacturer and developer, need to learn to leave well enough alone and stop forcing people to upgrade unnecessarily! You people think you own us and our phones, but you do not! We do not want or need your stupid bloatware and should be able to uninstall not just disable, we do not want or need your constant upgrades and should be given the option to install or not and most importantly, your upgrades are not upgrades, they are downgrades and phone destroyers!

I suggest Motorola, Lenovo, Verizon, Samsung, etc etc etc have a major powwow and wrap their collective brains together and come up with a compatible solution for fixing the issues rather than passing the buck... because sooner or later, we're all going to stop passing the buck to you and find a company that listens to it's customers and will provide better service and a better product!

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language - Rich

LMW1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 812
Message 33 of 92

Forgot to mention the other issues besides the battery drain problem since the upgrade to Oreo...

You have *removed* up all of my settings...I now get a stupid beep beep when I make a phone call that was never there before and I'm getting other stupid notification sounds that I do not want and no matter what I do to try and turn these annoying sounds off, it doesn't matter because another just as annoying change rears it's ugly head to take it's place.
An update does not need to change, replace or reset any of my settings or options. And I do not recall ever giving permission for that to occur.

My phone also started freezing up on me after this retarded update.

Again, I never had any issues or problems until after Oreo was forced upon me!

And what's the point of doing a factory reset if your going to turn around and force the updates on me again?? Obviously, that's pointless if I'm not going to be given the option to decline the Oreo update!!??!!

Someone needs to man up and admit they effed up on this one and fix it.

Edited: due to site rules violation -preferred language -Rich

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 784
Message 34 of 92

Hi LMW1,

Thanks for posting. I understand you'd like to get this resolved. Could you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Views: 750
Message 35 of 92

I have been having the same issues as well since the update. I'll disconnect from charger at 100% and 10 minutes later the battery will be down to 60 or 70% and shuts down. When I try and turn it back on I get a yellow triangle with  an exclamation point in the middle and a red spot on the top left. The only way to get it to turn back on is to connect to the charger again. Now when I connect to the charger it won't do anything! This the second charger I've gone through since the update went through!

Is there a fix that can be done? I am beyond frustrated!

ChrisHohnholz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 724
Message 36 of 92

It sure would be nice if Moto would actually acknowledge this is a problem. And not only acknowledge it, but let us know they're actually trying to fix it. Sadly, all I keep seeing is the same Android phone dodge. They roll out bad OS, mess up the phones, then play dumb like it's the fault of the phone owners. It's standard operating procedure anymore. 

LMW1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 700
Message 37 of 92

Ok, I think I have my info updated for you. Yes you have permission to view my apps.

Also, in the last couple of days I noticed that at least 90% of my downloaded documents are missing. I hadn't had reason to check them prior to my earlier posts, but went to find one and there are 50 +/- downloaded files missing. I know how to find my files and yes I know OREO moved things around (specifically to annoy and torment people like me I'm sure) and my files are not there!! There are approx 20 or fewer documents there and none of them are the ones I'm looking for. These are not everyday photo downloads or online recipes, or anything mundane, these are things that I have paid for and can't replace. . . Cookbooks, survival books, living off the grid, holistic health, etc. Items that are important to me and I want them all back! 

I can't say with 100% certainty it was the Oreo update (or another useless and unwanted app update) but I'm almost 95% sure that with all of the other problems I've had since the Oreo update, that it too is the cause of my missing files and documents. Whether it was the Oreo update or another apps update, no one has permission to delete my files, downloads, or photos etc etc and when developers create these useless supposed updates or upgrades, they need to take the highest precautions and the greatest care and keep this in mind so as not to affect the phone owners personal settings, not to remove documents or files or apps or anything else that belongs to the phone owners and not to them and if it has nothing to do with them or their update, don't mess with it!

So, if you could please figure out where my files, documents and downloads went I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you

jjrodd4
What's DOS?
Views: 698
Message 38 of 92

Ditto with Sprint and they check everything with surrounding tower, reset and then gave me Motorola number support. Support set me Link to return phone and link not working. Worst part bought 2 motoz2 and mod accessories..would like to keep them since I would be out $$$. And I like my moto!
jjrodd4
What's DOS?
Views: 673
Message 39 of 92

Just bought 2 Moto zforce 2 on 8/27/18 and had similar issues except the battery drain, however I bought at the store the incipio battery mod and it did not last 22hr talk time as stated, I am not on the phone like some. Any ideas?
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 644
Message 40 of 92

Hi LMW1,

Thanks for updating your profile. All files should be on the File Manager. If these files were backed up with your account I would suggest try syncing your account to your phone (Settings > Account > Google Account > Sync).

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors