Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Force
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

01-22-2015

Germany

18 Signins

111 Page Views

• Views: 111
  • Message 31 of 66

Re: Gamepad mod Battery issue

2018-01-13, 2:33 AM

Hi,

Has anybody an idea how you could possibly discharge the gamepad via its USB C port?

Maybe by this one can check, if the Mod is draining the phones battery (which I believe already).

Had a call with the service center (Germany) which denies any malfunction and completely ignores the fact that the Mod battery stays always at about 100%.

Thx

Options

2 Posts

11-24-2017

France

4 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 32 of 66

2018-01-14, 4:04 AM

They ignore that fact because that's, for them, an expected behaviour. But it is, for the consumer, who has seen the ads or not, a total mess. What's the purpose of putting a battery in a device if it just acts as some weird buffer that never gets below 98% (that's the best I could achieve).

Options

1 Posts

02-01-2018

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

19 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 19
  • Message 33 of 66

2018-02-01, 14:23 PM

Hrm... 1100mah battery to power LEDs and buttons? The incipio battery mod is only double that, so it could probably power the phone for at least an hour. And you can even turn the LEDs off, hahaha! Makes me wonder if they initially intended the gamepad to be able to feed backup power to the phone, and then had some sort of issue.

What a waste of a battery, and very misleading advertising.

I wonder if they can improve it with an update. They adjusted the projector mod so that the charger feeds power to the phone once the projector battery is full. Perhaps motorola can tweak it.

Options

1 Posts

02-10-2018

Brazil

6 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 34 of 66

2018-02-10, 2:01 AM

I also created an account here to say that i am having the same problem with my gamepad.

My phone is the top of the lenovo's shelf moto z2 force and it works just fine with the turbo power mod.

The gamepad mod's battery never gets down, giving the impression that the mod is drawing the phone's battery.

Besides that, the marketing for me was very clear that the mod and the phone was going to share battery to deliver the 8 gaming hours, what is not happening at all.

Seems to me (an IT girl) that an update on the mod's software can fix this, so please lenovo/motorola guys fix this!

Options

5 Posts

03-09-2018

Brazil

3 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 35 of 66

2018-03-09, 21:20 PM

I have the same issue.

I was hoping that the gamepad battery would help the phone with some juice. And I think that is impossible that so many people were hoping this behaviour without any reason.

I remember of reading that the gamepad battery would charge the phone battery, so you could play for more time.

May be not an problem of the gamepad, but at least an erroneous advertisement of Motorola.

Options

3 Posts

08-02-2017

Brazil

5 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 36 of 66

2018-03-10, 7:57 AM

Same issue here. This way, battery is simply useless. Come on Lenovo guys. Release a beautiful update on the software!

Options

4 Posts

03-23-2018

Indonesia

17 Signins

146 Page Views

• Views: 146
  • Message 37 of 66

2018-04-26, 3:21 AM

"share the battery up to 8 hours", it sounds like this to me: use motogamepad (for plying game) until your phone battery is exhausted (approx 7-8 hours continues playing time), then you cannot play the game (which is literally you cannot use moto gamepad) until you charge your phone (full) then share it upto 8 hours again. LOL

now I get it why my moto gamempad never reach bellow 98%. I have the phone battery issue, now with additional moto gamepad battery issue i really want to move to other brand, but I fall in love with the design and concept hopefully it will be fixed on next update

Options

1 Posts

04-12-2018

United States of America

3 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 38 of 66

2018-04-27, 18:59 PM

My Moto gamepad will also stay at 100% while playing games when I turn the lights off on it. What's the point of having an extra battery if it's used to light up a few buttons, and not all of them. I was under the impression that the gamepad battery and the phone battery would work in tandem. I'm gald I can play games on the go a bit easier but it sucks that I have this useless battery on the gamepad. Is my gamepad defect or did I shell out $80 for a scam?

Options

2 Posts

05-30-2018

United States of America

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 39 of 66

2018-05-30, 19:45 PM

I'm having the same issue with my gamepad where the gamepad wont use it's internal battery for power so it stays at 100% and instead draws from the phone. Which I gotta say is killing the phone battery pretty fast 

Options

13492 Posts

03-05-2018

United States of America

1277 Signins

173335 Page Views

• Views: 173335
  • Message 40 of 66

2018-05-31, 19:46 PM

Hi Artor,

Thanks for posting. The phone should not drain it's battery fast. Could you please show me the battery statistics of your device. Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Click the thumbs up button to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms