Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 555
Message 21 of 25

Re: How are the charging mods charged?

Hi Kadams,

Thanks for posting on this thread. May I know which specific mod are you using? If you're using the turbo power pack, you can charge it will it's being attached with the phone. Please see the post marked as solved. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

brucegatl
Punch Card
Views: 518
Message 22 of 25

I am using the TUMI battery pack w/wireless charging.   Mostly I simply put the phone WITH the battery pack on the

charging plate and let them charge together (mostly overnight) ahd separate them later.   I have also had occassion

when due to heavy use I wanted to ensure that the battery was available a 2nd time and have charged it by itself on

the wireless charging plate.

Both methods appear to work well for me.

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 512
Message 23 of 25

@Kadams wrote:

How to charge this battery pack

Which one?  They can all charge while connected to the phone, if the phone is charging.

If it's a Moto Power Pack they can only charge while connected to the phone, with the phone connected to a charger.

If it's a Kate Spade with wireless, Tumi with wireless, or Incipio Off Grid with wireless they can charge connected to the phone, with the phone connected to a charger, or on a Qi wireless charger while connected to the phone, or on a Qi wireless charger while not connected to the phone (battery only on the wireless charger).

If it's one of the above battery Mods without wireless (I'm not sure about Tumi but there is a Kate Spade without wireless and an Incipio without wireless) then they have to be charged while connected to the phone, with the phone connected to a charger.

If it's a Moto Turbo Power Pack it has its own USB-C charging port.  So it can be charged on or off the phone using its own charging port.

~Scott
jmcumming
Paper Tape
Views: 36
Message 24 of 25

I have a Z2 with 3 of the Moto Power Packs.  I'm thinking my mod port is having issues.  With the mods connected, it's giving me the 'Waiting to charge Moto Mod' despite being plugged in all night (using the Moto charger, not a 3rd party).  No issues found when I run a hardware scan on the phone with the Moto tool, but often times lately, the phone keeps vibrating as if I just connected the mod even though it's been attached the whole time - endless connecting and disconnecting.  But the issue right now again is that the mod is connected and just won't charge.  Other mods like the JBL speaker works fine on my son's Z3, but won't work on my Z2.  Warranty the phone?

Highlighted
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 32
Message 25 of 25

@jmcumming wrote:

I have a Z2 with 3 of the Moto Power Packs.  I'm thinking my mod port is having issues.  With the mods connected, it's giving me the 'Waiting to charge Moto Mod' despite being plugged in all night (using the Moto charger, not a 3rd party).  No issues found when I run a hardware scan on the phone with the Moto tool, but often times lately, the phone keeps vibrating as if I just connected the mod even though it's been attached the whole time - endless connecting and disconnecting.  But the issue right now again is that the mod is connected and just won't charge.  Other mods like the JBL speaker works fine on my son's Z3, but won't work on my Z2.  Warranty the phone?

It kind of sounds like your Mod pin hardware is faulty.  I doubt the issues will resolve themselves, so if you are still under warranty you might want to consider a replacement phone.

~Scott
Top Kudoed Authors