Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjyang
SCSI Port
Views: 239
Message 11 of 19

Re: How to identify my Z2 phone ?

Hi Rich,
I updated my forum profile with info you requested and also I make sure Setting->System-> Motorola Privacy are on.
sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 232
Message 12 of 19

I just checked my old Droid Turbo 2 (running Nougat 7.0) and it does not have an option for Model in Settings > About Phone.  I know it used to be there, but my previous statement of removed with Oreo must have been incorrect.  Google or Moto changed the Settings menu before Oreo and it stopped displaying a "Model" option.  But it is available within the Legal sub-menu as previously posted by another Forum member.

~Scott
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 201
Message 13 of 19

Hi tjyang,

Thank you. We have checked this. The Moto Z2 Force says only "Moto Z2" on our devices and the Moto Z2 Play has the "Play" on its phone name. Can you send us a screenshot of your Settings > About Phone? We're curious why you're not seeing the "Model" on the About Phone section. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 196
Message 14 of 19

Maybe it's a Verizon thing?  Buy neither my Z2 Force or my Droid Turbo 2 have a Model option in Settings > About Phone.  I know it used to be there at one point in time on other phones, but it's not there on these two phones.  I can see the Model number under the Settings > Legal Information option.

~Scott
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 169
Message 15 of 19

@sajokaz wrote:

Maybe it's a Verizon thing?  Buy neither my Z2 Force or my Droid Turbo 2 have a Model option in Settings > About Phone.  I know it used to be there at one point in time on other phones, but it's not there on these two phones.  I can see the Model number under the Settings > Legal Information option.

Can you share a screenshot of your Moto Z2 Force's Setting?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

tjyang
SCSI Port
Views: 163
Message 16 of 19

here is the setting screenshots.

setting-1.pngsetting-2.png

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 158
Message 17 of 19

@Agent_Rich wrote:

@sajokaz wrote:

Can you share a screenshot of your Moto Z2 Force's Setting?

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Thanks Rich.  Here is my About Phone screenshot.  Like I mentioned my work phone, a Droid Turbo 2, looks pretty much the same.

Screenshot_About Phone.png

~Scott
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 111
Message 18 of 19

Thanks for the feedback. We have seen this one for the Moto Z2 devices, it shows phone name. The G6 one I checked has the "Model" in the Settings > About Phone. But one thing's clear is that the Moto Z2 Force only shows "Moto Z2" and the Moto Z2 Play has the "Play" beside its name. Thanks for noticing this. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

tjyang
SCSI Port
Views: 103
Message 19 of 19

Hi

Will this be corrected in future OS release ?