Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luiz_schrickte
Token Ring
Views: 2,101
Message 1 of 55

Impossible to reject an incoming call call on Z2 Force after Pie update

Hi folks,

After upgrading to Android Pie I have a serious problem (which occurs in two ways):

1. The device, for some reason, will not let me cancel an incoming call (I have to hear it ring until the other end hangs up).
  2. When I make a call and there is a problem that prevents it from being completed (example: no signal) the device do not allow me to hang up the call - I can't even send audio messages on whatsapp after that happens because according to the system the microphone is busy with the call (even though the phone app is apparently free). I can only solve the problem by restarting the phone.

Some important details:

• I have returned to factory defaults and the bug persists, identical to what happened after upgrading without returning to defaults.
  • The problem does not occur right away after the restart. Sometimes I can cancel up to 5 calls - but after the problem occurs once, it always occurs until a new restart.
  • I live in Brazil (SC state) and my provider is Vivo.
  • Until the upgrade, this problem had NEVER occurred.
  • I am surprised that I have not seen any reports of this problem yet - if something similar has happened please answer on the topic, even if you do not have the solution - maybe only my device is problematic (which I find unlikely).

Thanks a lot =)

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,838
Message 2 of 55

Re: Impossible to reject an incoming call call on Z2 Force after Pie update

Hi luiz_schrickte,

Thanks for the post. I'd like to confirm, did you mean factory data reset? If so, did you restore your apps right after doing it? When you receive a call and cannot reject it, what activity you were doing with your phone? Have you tried pressing the power button and try to reject it? Please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

luiz_schrickte
Token Ring
Views: 1,830
Message 3 of 55

Thanks Rich for your prompt reply. Below the answers to your questions.

I'd like to confirm, did you mean factory data reset?

Yes, complete factory reset.

If so, did you restore your apps right after doing it?

Yes, I did, using Android default restore functionality (even icon positions were restored)

When you receive a call and cannot reject it, what activity you were doing with your phone?

I've not associated to a specific activity. It already happened while the phone was in my pocket and also when I was looking to home screen (during some tries to solve the problem). It is important to observe that I can't reject incoming calls but also can't stop calling someone! The same problem happens when using Android Auto, so it is probably not an interface stuff. 

Have you tried pressing the power button and try to reject it? 

No - I will try next time. Do you mean a single short press or a long press? Is it supposed to cancel the call?

Please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate.

Done.

Another tests and things I've noticed since this post:

1. Removed permissions from bank apps and other unimportant apps to access the telephone. No success.
  2. Tried installing another dialer (no success as the calls need the default phone app)
  3. I've noticed that swiping the phone app up on the app switching screen after the caller (or me, when I originate the call)gave up makes the phone app go back to the contacts/dialing screen as usual - however there are some internal process still going up as I can't send voice messages through whatsapp or originate another call (in the later case pressing the green call button is innocuous)

Will it help if I record my screen during the problem and attach here?

Thank you very much, again!

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,595
Message 4 of 55

Thanks for further explaining. Regarding the factory data reset, we don't recommend restoring or reinstalling apps as the problem may just return. However, let's keep that as the last thing to do. Try booting your phone in safe mode and see if it will occur again. 

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
Just turn off and on the phone to boot back to normal mode.

If you can send a sample video while the phone is in safe mode, that will be helpful. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

adonaicanez
What's DOS?
Views: 1,371
Message 5 of 55

My moto Z2 force also has this same problem.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,340
Message 6 of 55

Hi adonaicanez,

Thanks for posting on this thread, Can you please provide more details of what you're experiencing? Thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

totalimmortal80
What's DOS?
Views: 1,256
Message 7 of 55

Found this through Google search and my Z2 Force is having the same issues:

• When a call is incoming: I can't ignore the call. Pressing Ingore does nothing and the incoming call keeps ringing.
  • When a call is incoming: Accepting the call won't connect and neither end of the call can hear or speak to the other perrson.
  • When placing a call: the call won't place and will get stuck attempting to place the call, and the call will never actually start ringing.

The only remedy is to reboot the phone, This happens a couple of times a week.

blacksob
Punch Card
Views: 1,246
Message 8 of 55

+1, have the same problem, same solution (rebooting)
luiz_schrickte
Token Ring
Views: 1,240
Message 9 of 55

Hi!

I've tried to reproduce the problem in safe mode but I just can't.

The curious thing is: I can't reproduce it outside safe mode too - tried several calls to and from the phone, and the problem just doesn't happen when I am trying to force the problem!

Considering the other reports here it is clear that the problem exists, though. Also, even after the testes, it happens to me oftenly! So it looks like there are other factors involved (time between calls, signal strength, other apps actions between calls.. ?)

I will really appreciate if you could take a look on this problem as this is a serious issue (what if I need to make an emergency call?) and it is happening to a lot of units for sure (there are also reports on the brazilian foruns, here:https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Force/Impossível-cancelar-chamadas-recebidas-geradas-no-Z2-Force...)

If one of the other thread participants could try to reproduce and record a video of the problem it will be nice!

Thank you very much,

ThiagoKk
What's DOS?
Views: 1,194
Message 10 of 55

Similar issue here. This is happening after Android 9 update and things is just getting worse.

1 - Impossible to receive/reject calls

2 - Phone freezes whenever I try to do a call

Everything works fine just after doing a reboot but problem is back after a few minutes/hours.

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors