Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marzbar
Paper Tape
Views: 544
Message 11 of 49

Re: Impossible to reject an incoming call call on Z2 Force after Pie update

Just joined the community to add my voice to this. My wife's Z2 Force updated to Pie and since then she has had trouble both answering and rejecting incoming calls - the phone simply acts as if she has not pressed the button and continues to ring until it goes to voicemail.

NetoHil
What's DOS?
Views: 506
Message 12 of 49

My Z2 Force (after Android 9) is having the same issues:

• When a call is incoming: I can't ignore the call. Pressing Ignore does nothing and the incoming call keeps ringing.
  • When a call is incoming: Accepting the call won't connect and neither end of the call can hear or speak to the other perrson.
  • When placing a call: the call won't place and will get stuck attempting to place the call, and the call will never actually start ringing.

The only remedy is to reboot the phone, but soon the problem returns.

Highlighted
blacksob
Punch Card
Views: 496
Message 13 of 49

Try disabling digital wellbeing in settings, restart the phone and then see if it happens again. I stopped having call and wifi problems after i did that.

luiz_schrickte
Punch Card
Views: 479
Message 14 of 49

Thank you @blacksob - I'll give it a try here for a couple days and return with the results Smiley Happy
danilofes
Paper Tape
Views: 447
Message 15 of 49

I'm also experiencing similar problems after the Android Pie Update:

1 - Impossible to receive/reject calls

2 - Phone freezes whenever I try to do a call

Everything works fine just after doing a reboot but problem is back after some time.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 435
Message 16 of 49

Hi Everyone,

If you're using a screen protector and a phone case, we highly recommend removing that. It is essential to perform a factory data reset without restoring your apps and backup. Once done, make sure no third-party apps/files reinstalled/restored then observe if you'll encounter the same behavior. Note: Before resetting the phone kindly backup your files so you won't lose them.

Factory Data Reset:
Settings > System > Reset options > Factory Reset

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

luiz_schrickte
Punch Card
Views: 407
Message 17 of 49

Hi Agent_Rich, thank you for keeping answering us,

So let put this straight: even after 10 reports stating the same thing - that the problem started after the Android Pie upgrade - you are suggesting us to remove any screen protector or phone case???? Like if on Android Oreo this won't happen then - right?

Please, take this seriously! We paid a lot to have a Motorola flagship and this is all we get? An irreversible update that breaks calls - which is, in theory, the most simple, basic and important feature of a phone!

Your second suggestion is also funny - so you want all Moto Z2 Force owners here to perform a factory reset, WITHOUT restoring anything automatically, to fix something that you don't even know what it is. You are basing this instruction on the possible coincidence that we all have the same app breaking things - and for some lucky reason after a factory reset (and reinstalling the same app) the problem will go away? 

OK - I've put my anger away. Sorry Agent_Rich, but I felt like you are calling us stupid. Maybe we are, as we are still buying Motorola phones.

Now - for the ones taking this seriously - please turn off the wellbeing stuff in settings as @blacksob suggested above - I've done this yesterday and it is working after 2 calls answered, 1 refused and 1 cancelled during dialing. Maybe this will work to all of you and with more feedback we can have an answer here (even if it is not a satisfactory one).

Regards!

Marzbar
Paper Tape
Views: 403
Message 18 of 49

It will be interesting to see if this post lasts any longer than mine, which was worded similarly and had disappeared within 5 minutes. Suffice to say I agree entirely, the advice given is insulting and seems designed to fob us off.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 362
Message 19 of 49

We appreciate all your reports. I would still recommend doing the factory data reset so when this persists we can move to the things I think we can still try. It is important that we don't restore apps/files so we can isolate that as one of the factors. 

Here's what I understand based on each of your posts.

1. Incoming call - You can see the screen showing the call, but you can't either swipe to answer nor reject 

Question: Does it only happen when the screen is locked or regardless whether the screen is locked or not?

2. Outbound call - When you make a phone call - The call never go through whichever contact you're calling

Question: Do you see the signal bar dropping? 

I would appreciate a video showing all these behaviors. Update your profile too with the IMEI/Serial number of the phone - that would help us a lot to investigate. 

Thank you. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

sfp256
What's DOS?
Views: 329
Message 20 of 49

Dear Agent_Rich,

first of all I have the same symptoms as described in this thread with my Z2 force. It is used as a business phone and basically rendered unusable since the Android 9 update.

The facts are as following:

- Incoming call: the incoming call screen is shown, the swipe to accept/reject the call is working well the UI responds properly. However the phone still rings and nothing happens. After a while the other party gave up and the phone process goes to background

- If lateron I am trying to perform a outbound call nothing happends, no ringing, no tone. The signal bar is at regular level.

- Only a reboot brings back the phone feature to the smartphone w/o phone.

IMPORTANT:

The suggestion to disable wellbeing works! After that the phone is usable again, I can receive calls, can reject calls and can process outbound calls.

SIDENOTE:

The other users are IMO right your approach to reset a phone like the Z2 force is not practical and does not help in any way.  If this would be the only way to get that issue resolved i would have thrown the Z2 away and moved on to another vendor. Just because of the time

wasting with the phone w/o the guarantee that the situation is now under control.

Bottom line, this forum and the other users safed me a lot of time - thanks a lot.

regards

Steffen

Top Kudoed Authors