12-23-2016

US

37 Signins

294 Page Views

• Views: 294
  • Message 1 of 6

Is the Z2 an improved phone from the original Moto Z Force

2018-05-17, 3:02 AM

I've had my Moto Z Force Droid since November 2016 and I grow more frustrated each day.

I should have never invested in all the MODS but oh well.

Biggst issue, the phone is sluggish and slow - it gets hot.  Taking photos is not a quick point and shoot - wait 3 minutes and hope you capture a clear image.

I do have the Verizon insurance, I can get another phone but it will still be the same crappy Moto Z

Options

3736 Posts

04-04-2013

US

2717 Signins

25595 Page Views

• Views: 25595
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Is the Z2 an improved phone from the original Moto Z Force

2018-05-17, 3:10 AM

From what I have seen and read, yes....it is an improved phone.  But then again, I don't have any of those issues on my Z Force Droid.  It's still as smooth and buttery as ever.  Battery life may be slightly less that when new, but still lasts me a normal work day and runs smooth.

~Scott
Options

985 Posts

11-15-2011

US

2115 Signins

18943 Page Views

• Views: 18943
  • Message 3 of 6

2018-05-17, 14:53 PM

I'm waiting, hopefully, to see if there will be a Z Force 3 released this summer.  I also have had the Z Force 1 since last October.  It has been a great phone, and the mods have been fun.  I usually upgrade once a year, but I passed on the Z Force 2 for two reasons.  Firstly, the battery capacity went from 3500mAh in the Force 1, to 2730mAh in the Force 2.  That's a huge step backwards, in my opinion.  Not everyone wants to run around with a battery mod to get through their day.  The second reason, is that I believe the quality of the primary camera lens went backwards as well.  The Force 1 has an f/1.8 lens and the Force 2 has an f/2.0 lens.  Even though the Force 2 has dual lenses, I believe that the f/1.8 lens in the Force 1 is better, especially in low-light situations.

I'm hoping that the full specs of the Z 3 series will be released soon. And, if a Force 3 doesn't become reality, I will have a decision to make.  Whether to go with a Z 3 Play, or to a Z Force 2.  Hopefully, Moto/Lenovo will keep the Z series truly high-end.

Options

9709 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1073 Signins

144163 Page Views

• Views: 144163
  • Message 4 of 6

2018-05-17, 17:58 PM

Hi orgullodemexico,

Sorry to know about that. Have you already performed factory data reset to address your issues? Here's the link. If issue persists this would go for repair. And to answer your question, kindly check our website so you can have a better comparison between Z and Z2. Here's the link. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

20 Posts

12-23-2016

US

37 Signins

294 Page Views

• Views: 294
  • Message 5 of 6

2018-05-23, 23:02 PM

Thanks for the tips.  I recently performed the factory reset I downloaded GSam battery monitor.

The other day I was looking at the Z2 at the Verizon Store and my Z was not playing nice and I showed the associate how the screen was freezing when I tried to use the camera.

Today while walking around a dealer car lot, 80 degree day, I wanted to capture some cars I was interested in.  The phone performed so sluggishly, it was painful and annoying.  The battery monitor gave me an indication of 113 degrees.

The performance of this phone, which I acquired in November 2016, is unacceptable.  I have insurance with Verizon Wireless and I'm going to order another phone, however I think the replacement is going in the shoe box with all the mods.

Looks like a Samsung Note 8 will be in my life.

Options

51 Posts

06-07-2010

US

150 Signins

1462 Page Views

• Views: 1462
  • Message 6 of 6

2018-05-26, 0:23 AM

wrote:

Thanks for the tips.  I recently performed the factory reset I downloaded GSam battery monitor.

The other day I was looking at the Z2 at the Verizon Store and my Z was not playing nice and I showed the associate how the screen was freezing when I tried to use the camera.

Today while walking around a dealer car lot, 80 degree day, I wanted to capture some cars I was interested in.  The phone performed so sluggishly, it was painful and annoying.  The battery monitor gave me an indication of 113 degrees.

The performance of this phone, which I acquired in November 2016, is unacceptable.  I have insurance with Verizon Wireless and I'm going to order another phone, however I think the replacement is going in the shoe box with all the mods.

Looks like a Samsung Note 8 will be in my life.

Any chance you have any of the Facebook apps installed? How about Snapchat? Can you try uninstalling them temporarily?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete