Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashrip
Fanfold Paper
Views: 811
Message 1 of 9

Issue with USB to 3.5 mm audio connector

Hello,

I bought Moto Z2 Force on 22 Nov 2018. In the box, I got Phone charger, USB cable, USB to 3.5 mm audio connector along with my new phone. Yesterday, my USB to 3.5 mm audio connector stopped working.

I tried to call accessory support. They told me to fill a form and get case number. When I tried to fill the form, I was not able to see connector under any category.

Please help me to resolve this issue. Thanks.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 684
Message 2 of 9

Re: Issue with USB to 3.5 mm audio connector

Hi ashrip,

Thanks for posting. That's odd. Have you tried using another adapter? Just to see if it will work? Also, sorry for the confusion, we don't have adapters on our accessory support. We can further help, let me know if you're able to test with another adapter. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

ashrip
Fanfold Paper
Views: 680
Message 3 of 9

Hi Rich,

I tried to use different adapter and it is working fine. I guess, there is some issue with adapaad provided in the box.

Thanks.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 460
Message 4 of 9

Hi ashrip,

Thanks for trying another adapater, really appreciate it. We would like to reach you out, can you please update your Forums profile with your contact details (name, contact number, and email address)? Also, please update the IMEI and the carrier tab. Thank you.

Need help updating your profile? See here

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

ashrip
Fanfold Paper
Views: 454
Message 5 of 9

Hi Agent_Rich,

I have updated Serial/IMEI information in my profile.

One more update for you - It is showing incorrect warranty details under "my stuff" section in Moto global portal site. I am working with Moto Support team to correct warranty details in Portal. I have also attached proof of purchase here.

Thanks

Edited: for privacy - Rich

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 325
Message 6 of 9

Hello ashrip,

I have sent you a private message. When you have a moment can you take a look at it please.

Best regards,

Becky

Paper Tape
Views: 125
Message 7 of 9

3.5 mm connector is somewhat lose inside.  Every time I need to rotate the pin inside the socket.  If the pin gets rolled slightly, headphones get disconnected.  I tried different sets of headphones. Please guide. 

Paper Tape
Views: 118
Message 8 of 9

3.5 mm connector is somewhat lose inside the socket. If the pin gets rolled slightly in the socket, headphones gets disconnected. I tried different sets of headphones. Please guide. 

sajokaz
Bit Torrent
Views: 98
Message 9 of 9

Are you referring to the USB-C connector on the phone, or the 3.5mm audio connector on the end of the adapter?  It sounds like you are talking about the 3.5mm audio connector on the adapter cable.  If so, is it less than 12 months old?  If it is it's covered under warranty.  If it's more than 12 months old, buy a new one.  They are very inexpensive.

~Scott
Top Kudoed Authors