04-04-2013

US

2716 Signins

25585 Page Views

• Views: 25585
  • Message 61 of 82

Re: Left swipe to Google not working

2018-04-09, 20:25 PM

Just FYI....I have the most up-to-date Google app and Enbale Feed is already set to On.  All of the sudden today the swipe to Google Now stopped working again.  I have not been using my phone any differently than the past few days when it was working fine.  I toggled the Settings for Swipe action from Google to Nothing, backed all the way back to my home screen and then toggled it back to Google, backed out again and now it's working again.  Very strange.  That might rule out that the Beta version of the Google app was the "fix".

~Scott
Options

18179 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2278 Signins

55537 Page Views

• Views: 55537
  • Message 62 of 82

2018-04-10, 17:53 PM

wrote:

Just FYI....I have the most up-to-date Google app and Enbale Feed is already set to On.  All of the sudden today the swipe to Google Now stopped working again.  I have not been using my phone any differently than the past few days when it was working fine.  I toggled the Settings for Swipe action from Google to Nothing, backed all the way back to my home screen and then toggled it back to Google, backed out again and now it's working again.  Very strange.  That might rule out that the Beta version of the Google app was the "fix".

"Strange" sums this up. I see it come and go on a phone or two - but never happen on others. Nine times out of 10, if I do something like click into the doodle or the Google search bar on the Assistant screen, and then go back, the cards populate. 

As I indicated in an earlier post, I have seen this reported on other phones, but the reports are not clustered in time. They seem like one-offs and this may be as well. 

We've also seen success uninstalling the latest update. Does that work for the folks on this thread? Please post if you try it.

I guess at this point we just need to watch and see what happens. Please continue to post your observations and if you have not already, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems. However, we have not found any device crashes that seem to be associated with this so far. This makes me feel it's a Google issue.

(Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943)

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

3736 Posts

04-04-2013

US

2716 Signins

25585 Page Views

• Message 63 of 82

2018-04-10, 17:58 PM

Thanks Matt!  I tend to agree that it seems to be tied to the Google app.  My profile should be up to date (it was the last time I checked).  And you have my permission to look through my check-in data.

~Scott
Options

6 Posts

03-30-2018

US

5 Signins

71 Page Views

• Views: 71
  • Message 64 of 82

2018-04-10, 18:08 PM
Same here. It worked for a day or so after downloading yesterday the latest Google app, and it is broken again today. Even after a reboot. My profile is up-to-date.
Options

3 Posts

06-02-2010

US

882 Signins

16442 Page Views

• Views: 16442
  • Message 65 of 82

2018-04-10, 18:48 PM

Matt, you can look at my phone and apps.  I can only get the left swipe to Google to work if I re-start the phone.

Options

12 Posts

05-15-2012

US

304 Signins

7312 Page Views

• Views: 7312
  • Message 66 of 82

2018-04-10, 18:51 PM

Last night I went to settings - apps - Google and pressed Disable. It asked if I wanted to uninstall all updates and I said yes. After it was done I re-enabled Google and it updated to version 7.25.17.21.arm64. Left swipe has been working so far. I initially had to touch the doodle to have any cards appear (I just had the Doodle and search bar). The Google Now widget was removed from my screen. It has changed to just Google widget. Matt my profile is up to date if you want to use my phone in your investigation. I will let you know if it stops working again.

Options

12 Posts

05-15-2012

US

304 Signins

7312 Page Views

• Views: 7312
  • Message 67 of 82

2018-04-10, 19:25 PM

20 minutes after this post I tried and left swipe was not working anymore.

Options

3736 Posts

04-04-2013

US

2716 Signins

25585 Page Views

• Message 68 of 82

2018-04-14, 14:34 PM

wrote:

wrote:

"Strange" sums this up. I see it come and go on a phone or two - but never happen on others. Nine times out of 10, if I do something like click into the doodle or the Google search bar on the Assistant screen, and then go back, the cards populate. 

As I indicated in an earlier post, I have seen this reported on other phones, but the reports are not clustered in time. They seem like one-offs and this may be as well. 

We've also seen success uninstalling the latest update. Does that work for the folks on this thread? Please post if you try it.

I guess at this point we just need to watch and see what happens. Please continue to post your observations and if you have not already, please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems. However, we have not found any device crashes that seem to be associated with this so far. This makes me feel it's a Google issue.

(Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943)

- Matt

Left swipe for Google just stopped working for me again.  And this time I know exactly what I was doing when it stopped working.  I have been sitting at my laptop for about an hour and was using my JBL Soundboost Mod to listen to music on my phone.  I had the phone propped up with the Mod kickstand, so that put the screen in landscape mode.  At one point I paused music and picked up my phone (screen back to regular mode) and swiped left to check a shipping update.  Left swipe was working.  I started playing music again and put the phone back on the Mod kickstand.  When I was finished I removed the Soundboost Mod and left swipe for Google instantly stopped working.

This may not be the same cause for everyone, but wanted to share what made it stop working for me.

~Scott
Options

59 Posts

10-20-2012

US

170 Signins

2115 Page Views

• Views: 2115
  • Message 69 of 82

2018-04-14, 15:18 PM

In my case, it continues to fail regardless which recent version is installed. The only exception is that, if open the app with the widget or icon and subsequently close it, the swipe left feature works for a short while afterward, then stops working.

Thomas B Boettcher
Options

2 Posts

04-27-2018

GB

3 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 70 of 82

2018-04-27, 19:53 PM

The only way I can restore left swipe is to switch it off in Home Screen Settings, reboot, then enable again in Home Screen Settings. 

Switch off/on doesn't restore it. Neither does a reboot. Only switch off, reboot, switch on.

I had the latest Android update installed yesterday and it still happens.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete