Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markwm
Punch Card
Views: 7,547
Message 1 of 81

Left swipe to Google not working

Running 7.1.1 on a Z Force Droid. I have frequently accessed the Google feed by swiping left from the home pane but it stopped working today. I restarted and it worked again once, but then stopped working again. I can still get there by opening the Google app, but I'm curious why the left swipe isn't working.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 7,450
Message 2 of 81

Re: Left swipe to Google not working

Hi markwm,

Can you try Long press on an empty space on your home screen. Then select the settings at the bottom right. Then make sure the Show Google App is toggled on.Also, Can you test in safe mode and let me know if it behaves the same? Safe mode will start the device without third-party applications running To boot into Safe mode, press the physical power key, touch and hold Power off, touch OK when Reboot to Safe mode appears.to find out if this caused by any third party applications.

-Sandip

markwm
Punch Card
Views: 7,434
Message 3 of 81

It started working again after another reboot. I checked the steps you recommended: the "Show Google App" was turned on (I also switched to the App Flash option and it took me to that also); and safe mode allowed me to swipe left to Google successfully. My guess is that somehow the Swipe Access setting was set to "Nothing" and the reboot must have set it back to the default. Thanks and I'll report back if it happens again.
markwm
Punch Card
Views: 7,412
Message 4 of 81

The problem has inexplicably returned. The screen setting is still set for "Show Google App." I tried force quitting enabled apps indivually then trying it again with no luck. After about 20  tries I gave up, restarred, and the left swipe worked again, until now.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 7,390
Message 5 of 81

Hi markwm,

Can you please help us with the screenshots of the same so that we can check on this.

-Sandip

markwm
Punch Card
Views: 7,357
Message 6 of 81

A screen shot won't really show the motion of me swiping. Plus, it's swiping to the Google Feed again now. I installed a security update pushed down overnight, but otherwise cannot think of anything that has changed. I'll post again if the swipe left stops working again.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 7,350
Message 7 of 81

@markwm wrote:
A screen shot won't really show the motion of me swiping. Plus, it's swiping to the Google Feed again now. I installed a security update pushed down overnight, but otherwise cannot think of anything that has changed. I'll post again if the swipe left stops working again.

If not can you share us the video of the same when it is not working? this will help us to understand better what is the issue.  

-Sandip

markwm
Punch Card
Views: 7,326
Message 8 of 81

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 7,314
Message 9 of 81

@markwm wrote:
Link to video https://drive.google.com/open?id=15JZbULCE3qxyFdcoYmaNrkHA0yox2eEM

Thank you for sharing this. Can you let us know the when this happening is Google feed toggled on? under Swipe Access. If possible can help us to share us the video of both settings and swipe screen.  

-Sandip

markwm
Punch Card
Views: 7,282
Message 10 of 81

The Swipe Access setting was correct (see here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/05SekoXW3j7p31tH2).
Top Kudoed Authors