Options

12354 Posts

02-02-2016

US

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 11 of 49

Re: MOTO Z FORCE IS THE WORST PHONE I'VE EVER PURCHASED - WILL IT BE FIXED?

2017-09-01, 2:11 AM

Perhaps the app causing the problem isn't a utility.  I recognize completely that you can't be without your phone's apps, but I have to ask if you ever ran the phone in safe mode for at least a day, if not more.

Also, and this is a tedious suggestion, a factory data reset with automatic restore turned off; then run the phone without installing any apps at all.  If the phone works well for a day or two without any apps...and here's where the tedium comes in, start installing apps one or two at a time and test how it runs.  Lots of people install large numbers of apps, so this process can take time...lots of time, which you probably don't have.

Here's the thing: my daily driver is a Z Force Droid, and the biggest complaint I have is that the top row of icons on the home screen occasionally doesn't respond to the first tap.  Haven't seen that happen since 7.1.1, though. 

As an IT professional, I know you know that troubleshooting is time consuming.  And boring.  But since I have a year of experience with this device, and based on the symptoms you describe, I'm not convinced the problem is either hardware driven or OS driven.

For what it's worth, I remember a customer a couple of years ago.  The misbehaving phone was replaced 5 times under warranty and the customer was beyond livid.  It seemed highly unlikely that 5 phones in a row would have the same hardwre problem, so we tried looking at software.  Again, unlikely that it was the OS on 5 different phones, but with no other similar complaints in the forum or elsewhere that we could find, we focused on third-party apps and found the culprit.

Please understand that I love third-party apps, but not every developer is as good as they could be about bug fixes.

Options

33 Posts

08-31-2017

US

27 Signins

194 Page Views

• Views: 194
  • Message 12 of 49

2017-09-01, 14:02 PM

I will pass along to the other IT professionals I know reporting the same issue what they should do also I guess. We must all be running the same run away app.... 

Options

28304 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 13 of 49

2017-09-01, 14:11 PM

wrote:

I will pass along to the other IT professionals I know reporting the same issue what they should do also I guess. We must all be running the same run away app.... 

If you don't want to perform troubleshooting then there is not much help we can offer. 

Likely your task killer app is part of the problem. As an IT professionaly i am sure you have read the many articles that confrim that task killing apps on android create numerous problems. And as an IT professional you know that Android manages its own memory and there is no need to do these things yourself - again this causes problems. 

Safe mode is a good test, but not 100% fool proof. I advise people to reseta and do NOT install or restore any apps. ZERO. Run the phone like that for a few hours or a day - however long it takes to ensure that the phone runs fine.

Then add apps - one at a time and test in between. Until you find the problem, or trigger. 

This is standard IT Professional troubleshooting. A nice methodical approach to determine the issue. If your problem persists before installing or restoring ANY apps, then maybe you have a hardware issue. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

33 Posts

08-31-2017

US

27 Signins

194 Page Views

• Message 14 of 49

2017-09-01, 18:17 PM

I found it! Called all the other people I know who have this problem and found out we all had the Phone app installed. Who knew? Remove the phone feature and it's a better phone. I mean it was the only app we all had in common.

Lenovo needs to get real and take accountability rather than getting snippy with third customers that work on their phone that cannot put it in safe mode and factory reset whenever they want. I'll still to my original assessment, find a better phone.

Options

18466 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2335 Signins

57362 Page Views

• Views: 57362
  • Message 15 of 49

2017-09-01, 19:41 PM

wrote:

I found it! Called all the other people I know who have this problem and found out we all had the Phone app installed. Who knew? Remove the phone feature and it's a better phone. I mean it was the only app we all had in common.

Lenovo needs to get real and take accountability rather than getting snippy with third customers that work on their phone that cannot put it in safe mode and factory reset whenever they want. I'll still to my original assessment, find a better phone.

Glad you found the problem. Thanks for letting us know.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

33 Posts

08-31-2017

US

27 Signins

194 Page Views

• Message 16 of 49

Re: Worst purchase ever

2017-09-08, 14:27 PM

You are responding to a post from another thread that was moved to this thread. 

Issues as stated in the root thread - Moto Z Force responsiveness, seems to be laging in CPU performance.

Issue as implied from root thread and this response - makes me want to put my head through drywall repeadetly over the absolute waste of money this phone is. 

Options

18466 Posts

02-03-2016

US

2335 Signins

57362 Page Views

• Views: 57362
  • Message 17 of 49

2017-09-08, 14:52 PM

wrote:

You are responding to a post from another thread that was moved to this thread. 

Issues as stated in the root thread - Moto Z Force responsiveness, seems to be laging in CPU performance.

Issue as implied from root thread and this response - makes me want to put my head through drywall repeadetly over the absolute waste of money this phone is. 

Sorry if I misunderstood.

Please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
Options

33 Posts

08-31-2017

US

27 Signins

194 Page Views

• Message 18 of 49

2017-09-08, 15:08 PM

Thank you very much for your follow-up. I think that this route would have lead to more positive results in my purpose for coming to this community to search for help, and, yes, vent my frustrations to people whom I believed would be sympathetic. Bad mistake. 

I have no desire to fix this phone now. Mr. Eagle328 has completely solidified that. I am going out to purcahse a new phone today and will stay away from Motorola permanently. This is a disgrace of a company now, and all signs point to it.

Nonetheless I do thank you for your continued effort but I'm so upset over the matter it doesn't really register anymore. If the issues with the phone weren't bad enough.... I mean I could have had no issues with my phone, and then reached out to a manufacteur community just for funsies, and if I found this I would likely avoid Moto just for a phone upgrade. It really is pathetic, and Moto doesn't deserve my money anymore.

Good luck to you. 

Options

2 Posts

12-27-2017

US

3 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 19 of 49

2017-12-27, 23:02 PM

This is my first Motorola product and I can honestly say I will never buy one ever again . A single grain of sand on my finger scratched and left a line all the way across my screen. Constantly having screen digitizer problems .had to give the phone back to Verizon over having green lines up and down the screen. And now I cannot send texts because I have a single square inch dead spot on my screen . Never have I ever purchased a phone that required a OtterBox right from the start .

Ohh yeah and all the otg problems as well as only working with the garbage Lenovo projector .my mini projector won't wirelessly chromecast. Not to mention screen freezing and having to do soft resets all the time .

Is there a line some where to get your money back ?  I would honestly go back to my Samsung Galaxy s3 if I was not so pinned to this horrible 700 dollar Lenovo/Motorola garbage 

Options

33 Posts

08-31-2017

US

27 Signins

194 Page Views

• Message 20 of 49

2018-01-10, 19:27 PM

You are definitely not alone. I had been purchasing Motorola for the last 16 years. I swore by them every step of the way and always noticed better signal quality, processing performance, and general usability over other brands. This piece of garbage Moto Z Force is the fault of Lenovo's ownership. To make matters worse, when I brought up my deep frustrations on this site, the Lenovo commentators immediately took to blaming me for the issues. Like 99% of other adults, I use my phone for personal and for work. Their idea for me to factory default my phone and reinstall my 100+ apps one by one, providing an unspecified amount of time in between to see if the last installed app was the one responsible for all the issues, was the most laughable suggestion I have ever received from IT 'support'..... and I work in IT. Of course, having not accepted this response, I was immediately branded as unwilling to troubleshoot my phone and again received the blame for that crap phone's condition. You had the fix stated correctly, give Samsung your money. While not as pleased with prior Motorola phones, my Samsung has provided consistent performance and reliabiltiy. There is a multi-tiered service and support issue with Motorola now that it is under the helm of Lenovo. I have let everyone I possibly can know about it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete