Options

13219 Posts

02-02-2016

US

1406 Signins

8895 Page Views

• Views: 8895
  • Message 21 of 49

Re: MOTO Z FORCE IS THE WORST PHONE I'VE EVER PURCHASED - WILL IT BE FIXED?

2018-01-10, 20:09 PM

wrote:

You are definitely not alone. I had been purchasing Motorola for the last 16 years. I swore by them every step of the way and always noticed better signal quality, processing performance, and general usability over other brands. This piece of garbage Moto Z Force is the fault of Lenovo's ownership. To make matters worse, when I brought up my deep frustrations on this site, the Lenovo commentators immediately took to blaming me for the issues. Like 99% of other adults, I use my phone for personal and for work. Their idea for me to factory default my phone and reinstall my 100+ apps one by one, providing an unspecified amount of time in between to see if the last installed app was the one responsible for all the issues, was the most laughable suggestion I have ever received from IT 'support'..... and I work in IT. Of course, having not accepted this response, I was immediately branded as unwilling to troubleshoot my phone and again received the blame for that crap phone's condition. You had the fix stated correctly, give Samsung your money. While not as pleased with prior Motorola phones, my Samsung has provided consistent performance and reliabiltiy. There is a multi-tiered service and support issue with Motorola now that it is under the helm of Lenovo. I have let everyone I possibly can know about it.

You were asked by Matt the forum manager to provide information as well and refused that too. If you do not want to help yourself then so be it. To check if a 3rd party app is a problem you only need to run the phone in safe mode and not preform a reset. You seem to think we are the ones wrong here while it is you who refused to try and help solve the problem. 

Options

36 Posts

08-31-2017

US

27 Signins

194 Page Views

• Views: 194
  • Message 22 of 49

2018-01-10, 21:09 PM

You're so cute. "The customer is always wrong". Good motto, and another great example of why I'll never be a customer again. You had already lost my business before Matt tried to approach from the perspective you describe I was unwilling to perform. I believe I said something very similar to, "Thanks Matt, that would have been good if suggested from the beginning, but you have already lost my business." I'm very glad at least one more disappointed user can learn the truth about Lenovo. HERE IT IS! ALL THE SERVICE YOU SHOULD EXPECT!!!

Options

13219 Posts

02-02-2016

US

1406 Signins

8895 Page Views

• Message 23 of 49

2018-01-11, 13:28 PM

wrote:

You're so cute. "The customer is always wrong". Good motto, and another great example of why I'll never be a customer again. You had already lost my business before Matt tried to approach from the perspective you describe I was unwilling to perform. I believe I said something very similar to, "Thanks Matt, that would have been good if suggested from the beginning, but you have already lost my business." I'm very glad at least one more disappointed user can learn the truth about Lenovo. HERE IT IS! ALL THE SERVICE YOU SHOULD EXPECT!!!

Thanks for the kind words. I've been told I'm cute.

As for the rest of your post. If you don't want to try anything and don't want to get your phone repaired, no one can help you. 

But many others here have been helped. And we will continue to help them if we can. Motorola also has a customer support number to get phones repaired and it replaced.

Others can see exactly what transpired here on this thread for themselves.

Please take care and have a wonderful day.

Options

2 Posts

12-27-2017

US

3 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 24 of 49

2018-01-11, 13:34 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Thanks for the kind words. I've been told I'm cute.

As for the rest of your post. If you don't want to try anything and don't want to get your phone repaired, no one can help you. 

But many others here have been helped. And we will continue to help them if we can. Motorola also has a customer support number to get phones repaired and it replaced.

Can't believe the attitude on this guy can't believe Motorola / Lenovo would hire someone like this to take care of their affairs

Options

36 Posts

08-31-2017

US

27 Signins

194 Page Views

• Message 25 of 49

2018-01-11, 13:42 PM

It's been like this since the very beginning. Without a doubt the worst customer service I have ever experienced. It's like he personally designed this phone himself and it's pistols at dawn if I have any negative thoughts about it at all. And it wasn't just him, every moderator exhibited this type of behavior. Systemic issues with Lenovo, from the product to the service. Absolutely no reason to stay with this company. Pathetic. 'Fixing' this garbage phone would have only let to further disapointment and continued headaches. Run away dude, run away.

Options

3 Posts

01-16-2018

US

2 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 26 of 49

2018-01-16, 19:29 PM

wrote:

Yes, we can.   The fact that you don't realize that this is a common problem(s) for this phone and to see you treating a customer like this reinforces perfectly what he or she was saying.  Enough said.

Options

13219 Posts

02-02-2016

US

1406 Signins

8895 Page Views

• Message 27 of 49

2018-01-16, 20:06 PM

Once again. Call customer service for service. This is a peer to peer support forum. I don't work for Motorola. I've been here for many years and have helped many as well. I can't help someone who doesn't want help. So think what you want. Even the forum manager tried to help you and of course you refused to accept it. So end of story.

Options

36 Posts

08-31-2017

US

27 Signins

194 Page Views

• Message 28 of 49

2018-01-16, 20:11 PM

Are you yelling at me for someone else's post? 

Not that it matters to yourself or other senior moderators, but I had already gone through two phones and dozens of hours of support before I came here. If this is not a support site, why are you offering it, and then berading those that don't 100% agree with your methods? I mean this is the weirdest interaction I could have imagined finding. 

Options

51 Posts

06-07-2010

US

150 Signins

1462 Page Views

• Views: 1462
  • Message 29 of 49

2018-02-19, 18:02 PM

You were given troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the problem. You said it was ridiculous that you needed to do those things to get your phone working properly. You were then given information on contacting customer service directly to get the problem resolved. You said you had already tried that more than once.

Then why are you here? If you are not looking to find a solution to the problem, why did you post here?

For the record, I'm not having problems like you have had. There is a reason a rogue app was suggested. There are people who enjoy this phone and it works well for them (myself included).

The suggestions here are valid whether they helped you or not. Personally I see no issues at all with the responses given by the (mostly volunteer) commenters in this thread. It was obvious to me from your first post that you were not interested in pursuing this. And yet the people here generously tried to offer help.

Options

34 Posts

10-31-2017

US

35 Signins

429 Page Views

• Views: 429
  • Message 30 of 49

2018-03-16, 18:01 PM

Worst.  Phone.  Ever.

Very thankful that Verizon hooked me up with a replacement, as the battery on my phone essentially crapped out after the 7.1.1 update.  Seeing how poorly this company handled what they know to be a terrible flaw in their system was the last straw for me.  This will be the last Motorola device I ever purchase. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete