cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BacchuV
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,688
Message 2 of 49

MOTO Z FORCE IS THE WORST PHONE I'VE EVER PURCHASED - WILL IT BE FIXED?

I have not spent a significant amount of time look for concurrence on this outside of my social and professional circle, but everyone I know with this god-forsaken phone is experiencing the exact same repeated issues in responsiveness. It's like I have a single core CPU from 1995 crammed in this POS. I pledged loyalty to Motorola 17yrs ago and in the past few months that has been completely destroyed by this phone. I have been trusting Lenovo for my home PC choice for several years now, and am so disgruntled that when my lifecycle is up I will consider other manufacturers purely because there has been zero answer to this ongoing issue that I am aware of.

Is anyone aware of Lenovo working on a fix for this utterly terrible phone that is daily causing me to want to throw it at the wall??

BacchuV
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,658
Message 1 of 49

Re: Worst purchase ever

AHHHHHHHHHH I HATE THIS PHONE SO MUCHHHH! I am 9 months away from this post, and still no fix from Lenovo on the widely observed issues with this phone! I have been buying Motorola for the past 17yrs, and have trusted Lenovo for my home PCs for several years now. What could be a better teaming? ANYTHING! I am so mad that Lenovo has destroyed my Motorola loyalty permanantly and that I now have to go test other manufacturers. However, ANYTHING is better than this piece of crap that haised my monthly bill by $15. My annual upgrade absolutely cannot come fast enough. DO NOT BUT MOTOROLA!

BacchuV
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,684
Message 3 of 49

Re: MOTO Z FORCE IS THE WORST PHONE I'VE EVER PURCHASED - WILL IT BE FIXED?

and NO 7.1.1 did not fix it, and I do have it

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,651
Message 4 of 49

@BacchuV wrote:

AHHHHHHHHHH I HATE THIS PHONE SO MUCHHHH! I am 9 months away from this post, and still no fix from Lenovo on the widely observed issues with this phone! I have been buying Motorola for the past 17yrs, and have trusted Lenovo for my home PCs for several years now. What could be a better teaming? ANYTHING! I am so mad that Lenovo has destroyed my Motorola loyalty permanantly and that I now have to go test other manufacturers. However, ANYTHING is better than this piece of crap that haised my monthly bill by $15. My annual upgrade absolutely cannot come fast enough. DO NOT BUT MOTOROLA!

Why don't you state your issues instead of ranting? 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,681
Message 5 of 49

I think that with any device, you'll find people who love it, and people who hate it.  Reading through threads in this forum, I think you'll find that's true.  

I'm not sure I understand what your issue is and I don't know if you've done any troubleshooting, but we're here to try and help.  My daily driver is a Z Force Droid and I've had it since the device launched last year, with only minor issues.  We'd like to try and work with you.

BacchuV
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,674
Message 6 of 49

I am an IT professional, and the vast majority of the community purchases Android mobile devices. I have asked about the Moto Z Force from Colorado to Maryland, and about a dozen sites in between if anyone has this phone. I've found 6 which have. We all report horrid responsiveness. This applies to side buttons, all touchscreen buttons, application loading, pull-down menus, in app functions, ect. I was desperately hoping that 7.1.1 would repair this, because I've always loved Motorola phones, but it is the same. I am running an auto task killer every 5min for max memory performance, I clean up my cache daily, I run utilities which shrink pic size and keep my storage trim. Nothing helps. All I can do is restart my phone twice a day when I want to bang it against my desk. Are their any factory warranty options under 1yr purchase date for this?

BacchuV
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,671
Message 7 of 49

I should mention the responsiveness issue is not persistent, it usually shows up after about an hour of regular use and is then persistent until a restart. I cannot be the first person to report this.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,643
Message 8 of 49

Please don't throw rotten eggs at me, but I suspect your utilities may (that's "may", not "are") be part of the problem.  Android was once awful at memory management, but for several years now, has done an excellent job.  Left alone, without third party app interference, the device should make the most efficient use of available RAM.  As a Moto engineer once explained it to me, free RAM is not necessarily a good thing.  The phone will decide where  the RAM needs to go, and it will use whatever is available to it at any given moment in time where it will be best used.  As far as killing tasks go, many task managers kill necessary tasks they don't recognize, and the phone works harder to re-launch those tasks every time they're shut down.

Have you ever run the phone "bare nekkid" for a while?

In any event, the symptoms you describe suggest badly behaving third party apps, especially when you say a restart clears it up for a while.  

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,632
Message 9 of 49

@BacchuV wrote:

Moved post to your thread. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
BacchuV
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,625
Message 10 of 49

No, I appreciate all ideas. I was previously running a bare, or non utility setup with this issue still observed. My battery life has doubled, but my core issue is unchanged.

Top Kudoed Authors