12-12-2016

US

7 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 1 of 9

MOTO Z Force Dead!!! 2nd time in a month

2016-12-12, 12:39 PM

I replaced my Samsung Note 5 with the new MOTO Z Force in early November, within a week the phone died, it would not power on no matter what, Verizon replaced the phone since it was in the first 14 days with a brand new phone, I voiced my concern just in case this same issue came up again. The Verizon employee told me, I was the only one that had this problem and it would not happen again, He said "this was a fluke". Well on the 10th of December 2016 this same thing happened again, phone was working just fine, went into store to do shopping (88% battery), came out of store phone was dead, would not respond to anything, took phone to Verizon, they are sending me a reconditioned phone under warranty, I am very concerned that this may happen again, it's a pain to spent $700.00 on a phone then have to swap it out 2 times within a month!!!!

Has anybody else had this issue and had to replace their MOTO Z  or MOTO Z Force????

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: MOTO Z Force Dead!!! 2nd time in a month

2016-12-12, 13:31 PM

wrote:

I replaced my Samsung Note 5 with the new MOTO Z Force in early November, within a week the phone died, it would not power on no matter what, Verizon replaced the phone since it was in the first 14 days with a brand new phone, I voiced my concern just in case this same issue came up again. The Verizon employee told me, I was the only one that had this problem and it would not happen again, He said "this was a fluke". Well on the 10th of December 2016 this same thing happened again, phone was working just fine, went into store to do shopping (88% battery), came out of store phone was dead, would not respond to anything, took phone to Verizon, they are sending me a reconditioned phone under warranty, I am very concerned that this may happen again, it's a pain to spent $700.00 on a phone then have to swap it out 2 times within a month!!!!

Has anybody else had this issue and had to replace their MOTO Z  or MOTO Z Force????

You can see from the popular threads, that this isn't an issue being reported. If it has happened to others it hasnt happened much. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

16 Posts

11-14-2016

AR

23 Signins

321 Page Views

• Views: 321
  • Message 3 of 9

2016-12-17, 15:38 PM

I'm in a similar situation. I'm from Argentina, bought my Moto Z in October. 

After first setup, I noticed the device randomly (each ~10-15 minutes of use) freeze and restart over and over. It's unusable, since it just restart by their own, even when I'm not using it, I put it on my desktop and it just restart alone. 

I drop a message here in the forums, then after some calls to support, they requested me to send my device for a repair, to US. I also have to cover the cost, since they only covers the shipment within US, so I spent $200 to send over FedEx. 

Just 3 days after they receive my device, I received a notification that the device was returned, to an addres of a friend in US, because they only returns to US, so a friend received my device and send it to me again in Argentina... another $200 shipment. 

So, after pais $600 for device, plus $400 for repair, I was very happy to get it ready to use. 

Not only Motorola didn't clarify what they did with my phone, but the device is running exactly as before, like nobody tested it, and just received and returned. Nothing changed, just spent $400+ and 20 days between. 

I use to recommend Motorla over Samsung, I always trusted in Motorola, but I'm very dissapointed with this situation. My current device is an iPhone that has battery issues, and I can't still using it, I need a replacement. And I just spend a $1000 in this technological brick for my desktop. Now I don't have money to get a good device, and two unusable devices. 

I will never recommend Motorola anymore.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2016-12-17, 16:34 PM

wrote:

After first setup, I noticed the device randomly (each ~10-15 minutes of use) freeze and restart over and over. It's unusable, since it just restart by their own, even when I'm not using it, I put it on my desktop and it just restart alone. 

I drop a message here in the forums, then after some calls to support, they requested me to send my device for a repair, to US. I also have to cover the cost, since they only covers the shipment within US, so I spent $200 to send over FedEx. 

Just 3 days after they receive my device, I received a notification that the device was returned, to an addres of a friend in US, because they only returns to US, so a friend received my device and send it to me again in Argentina... another $200 shipment. 

So, after pais $600 for device, plus $400 for repair, I was very happy to get it ready to use. 

Not only Motorola didn't clarify what they did with my phone, but the device is running exactly as before, like nobody tested it, and just received and returned. Nothing changed, just spent $400+ and 20 days between. 

I use to recommend Motorla over Samsung, I always trusted in Motorola, but I'm very dissapointed with this situation. My current device is an iPhone that has battery issues, and I can't still using it, I need a replacement. And I just spend a $1000 in this technological brick for my desktop. Now I don't have money to get a good device, and two unusable devices. 

This thread is about a dead phone. Your issue is different. 

We always advise users not to buy out of region as warranty shipping is not covered and can be very expensive. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

20 Posts

09-21-2011

United States

12 Signins

142 Page Views

• Views: 142
  • Message 5 of 9

2016-12-18, 9:00 AM

wrote:

Oh wow.  This is very useful information as I have a faulty phone and was considering sending it over to the US too so that it could be repaired.  Unfortunately, it appears to be quite risky. 

Sure, it's a risk buying a phone from the US and taking it abroad... but geez, this guy has laid out a lot of cash to facilitate the exchange but to only experience the same problem again!

Sorry to hear about your phone - I can only imagine how frustrating it is.

Options

16 Posts

11-14-2016

AR

23 Signins

321 Page Views

• Views: 321
  • Message 6 of 9

2016-12-18, 15:08 PM

So based on your response. What's the next step for me? 

I assumed the cost of being outside US, it's normal for latin america, since most of the companies does not care about us. I choose to pay because it's suppose that if I send the device for a technical service repair, it will be returned fixed and ready to use. If I have to pay and nothing change, it's closely to a fraud! 

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2016-12-18, 15:55 PM

wrote:

So based on your response. What's the next step for me? 

I assumed the cost of being outside US, it's normal for latin america, since most of the companies does not care about us. I choose to pay because it's suppose that if I send the device for a technical service repair, it will be returned fixed and ready to use. If I have to pay and nothing change, it's closely to a fraud! 

You will have to contact support for an RMA. They will only return ship to usa address.

Motorola sells many phones in Latin America. If you had purchased a phone designed for your region, you would get service in your region.

The Z Force is exclusive to one usa mobile carrier.  

Options

1 Posts

06-07-2017

US

1 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 8 of 9

2017-06-07, 16:28 PM

Same situation to the t.  

Options

3 Posts

01-16-2018

US

2 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 9 of 9

2018-01-16, 18:38 PM

wrote:

wrote:

You can see from the popular threads, that this isn't an issue being reported. If it has happened to others it hasnt happened much. 

Yes, it is. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Force/Moto-Z-Force-dead-after-6-weeks/td-p/3470094

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Force/Moto-z-force-dead/td-p/3918039

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Force/Phone-Won-t-Turn-on-AT-ALL/td-p/3706803

https://www.reddit.com/r/Moto_Z/comments/6kvqu3/motorola_droid_z_force_totally_dead_two_times_in/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Moto_Z/comments/6ezig6/moto_z_force_died_wouldnt_restart/

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/933281

https://www.reddit.com/r/Moto_Z/comments/6iedfs/my_experience_with_the_z_force/

I'm surprised to see you say this as you have replied to many others with this same problem so you must have some idea how often this is happening.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete