03-03-2017

US

1 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 1 of 2

MicroSDXC issue

2017-03-03, 22:46 PM

I got a message that says Sandisk card is too slow when I formatted for internal storage. I understand what the message is saying, and I understand why it would show, except in my case. The card I loaded is a micro SDXC, UHS-1 U3 V30. Rated at up to 95MB/s and 30MB/s continuous speed. From what I understand about micro SD the only ratings better would be a UHS-2 but the moto z force is has a UHS-1 reader. Why am I getting these messages with the rating of the card I have? BTW it's a 128GB as well and Motorola says the phone can handle up to a 2 TB card. Which doesn't exist yet. (SD info: SanDisk- Extreme PLUS microSDXC 128GB) I confirmed with SanDisk that the product is authentic and is the fastest UHS-1 card possible. If I load a UHS-2 it would be a waste of money as it would only be able write at 50MB/s.

Options

28303 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5840 Signins

132760 Page Views

• Views: 132760
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: MicroSDXC issue

2017-03-04, 1:04 AM

wrote:

I got a message that says Sandisk card is too slow when I formatted for internal storage. I understand what the message is saying, and I understand why it would show, except in my case. The card I loaded is a micro SDXC, UHS-1 U3 V30. Rated at up to 95MB/s and 30MB/s continuous speed. From what I understand about micro SD the only ratings better would be a UHS-2 but the moto z force is has a UHS-1 reader. Why am I getting these messages with the rating of the card I have? BTW it's a 128GB as well and Motorola says the phone can handle up to a 2 TB card. Which doesn't exist yet. (SD info: SanDisk- Extreme PLUS microSDXC 128GB) I confirmed with SanDisk that the product is authentic and is the fastest UHS-1 card possible. If I load a UHS-2 it would be a waste of money as it would only be able write at 50MB/s.

The message is from google android. It is sort of a black box. But i think they just measure time, and larger cards take longer to format. 

If the card behaves ok, don't worry about the warning. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete