07-07-2018

US

9 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 41 of 74

Re: Moto Command Center Widget Missing from Oreo Update

2018-07-07, 3:22 AM

Ok, so... After updating to Oreo, I have been searching for WEEKS in the setting of my phone to figure out how to turn this back on again! Now I find this. Why the .... Would you delete one of the BEST features of the phone! Now, just so we are clear, the Moto Force Droid is the best phone I have ever owned. I absolutely love it... And I use the h... Out of it. I KILL batteries... To the point where I get battery anxiety as soon as my Moto mod baddery runs dry, so I am CONSTANTLY checking my battery. You have no idea the level of frustration you have given me by taking away this widget.

When the Force 2 came out and I saw that it had a smaller battery, I said I guess I will not be upgrading any time soon. Way to go backwards Lenovo. Now they are messing with stuff I already own! This is NOT an upgrade. Please give me back my widget!

Yes, I know that a link to a private person can get me a file, but like you (Lenovo admin) have pointed out, you should not trust unless it is available through an official channel... So please find us an official channel! Put it out there or find us a suitable replacement.

Options

15 Posts

06-23-2018

US

69 Signins

824 Page Views

• Views: 824
  • Message 42 of 74

2018-07-07, 3:51 AM

I like my Moto Z Droid a lot, best phone I ever had.  After two years my battery was getting weak, I replaced it. I did crack the digitizer taking the phone apart, it’s a tough job. I bought a new screen and battery everything is running fine.  Last month I bought the Moto Z2 force. Don’t let the smaller battery shy you away from the phone, its lasts longer with the faster snapdragon processer.  Now both of these phones are great but I was missing having a rooted phone and flashing ROMS. So I bought another Z2F on Sprint and unlocked the bootloader and rooted the phone. All of them are running the Command Center app that we are talking about in this thread.

Options

98 Posts

05-26-2010

US

171 Signins

2060 Page Views

• Views: 2060
  • Message 43 of 74

2018-07-08, 17:34 PM

I downloaded and ran the apk, but the old Command Center does not show up in my available widget list.  If I look through all apps via Settings - Apps I see it there.  I'm running stock Oreo as provided by Verizon, no hacks to the phone, standard launcher.  How did you folks with a working Command Center get it running?

Options

20 Posts

04-07-2017

CA

29 Signins

141 Page Views

• Views: 141
  • Message 44 of 74

2018-07-08, 17:38 PM

make sure it's not installed on the SD card. It has to be on internal storage to show up in your widget list.

Options

110 Posts

08-12-2013

US

159 Signins

1096 Page Views

• Views: 1096
  • Message 45 of 74

2018-07-08, 17:44 PM

I searched XDA-Developrs for this widget twice and found two different versions of it. Neither of them would show up in my widget list. I then pm'd TwoBuells1 and requested that he send me the actual APK that worked for him. When I installed his version it immediately showed up in my widget list. That is the APK that I uploaded to the Android Central forum and you can download it there.

Options

15 Posts

06-23-2018

US

69 Signins

824 Page Views

• Views: 824
  • Message 46 of 74

2018-07-08, 18:05 PM

the app does not work with the stock launcher, we have had success with Nova and ADW ex.

copying the app to your SD card, internal or external does not matter. when you install the app the default is internal storage

I just did a test and disabled my ADW launcher a used the stock Launcher 3. I can see the widget but it crops the top, bottom and sides and you can not center the widget. I think thats why they did not include that app with Oreo 

Options

10576 Posts

03-05-2018

US

1115 Signins

150628 Page Views

• Views: 150628
  • Message 47 of 74

2018-07-10, 15:51 PM

Hi Everyone, 

The Command Center clock widget has been updated to Time and Weather clock widget. The interface has indeed changed. Are we having any issues? Thanks for your feedback though, I would love to pass this along to the Product Team. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

20 Posts

04-07-2017

CA

29 Signins

141 Page Views

• Views: 141
  • Message 48 of 74

2018-07-10, 15:54 PM

Lol... How about reading the thread.

Options

110 Posts

08-12-2013

US

159 Signins

1096 Page Views

• Views: 1096
  • Message 49 of 74

2018-07-10, 15:57 PM
Agent_Rich,
Thanks for your interest - If you read the thread from the beginning you will find that those of us who use a Battery Moto Mod REALLY, REALLY MISS THE BATTERY LEVEL FUNCTION that was in Commend Center. It made it so easy to check the Moto Mod Battery level. Deprecating the widget and replacing it with a new one that has less functionality makes very little sense to us. Thanks for the Oreo upgrade; BUT, we were pretty disappointed that we had to search for a work around to retain functionality we used on our default home screen.
Options

119 Posts

08-17-2010

US

7 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 50 of 74

2018-07-10, 16:00 PM

wrote:

Hi Everyone, 

The Command Center clock widget has been updated to Time and Weather clock widget. The interface has indeed changed. Are we having any issues? Thanks for your feedback though, I would love to pass this along to the Product Team. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

The issue is that there now exists no widget that will display Moto Mod information.  The Command Center widget readily displayed battery levels for both the phone and any attached Moto Mod (see image in original post).  Please let the Product Team know that it makes no sense to remove functionality that seamlessly ties into your own ecosystem.  It especially makes no sense to remove it via an update to a device people are actually using.  The widget has gone backwards in functionality. 

The high/low temperatures on the left side of the Command Center widget were also nice, but at least there are other apps that can do that.  There are no other widgets that can display Moto Mod battery levels.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete