Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KevinRighter
Fanfold Paper
Views: 428
Message 1 of 7

Moto Launcher

Hello Moto 😊. This is not a deal breaker, but this is kinda annoying while using phone during nights. I'm isius Moto Z2 force and default Moto Launcher has this top shadow/white tint/hue on the top notification space. For sometime I was thinking it was screen bleeding issue but not. I used a third party launcher called lawn chair and it has the option to disable top shadow. I'm posting all the 3 screen shots. Request you to kindly disable it. It looks ugly on OLED panels. Screenshot

With 3 party launcher, see there's no whitish shadow, as I disabled it in launcher settings.

PS : I was not able post 3 screenshots at a time on a single post. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 368
Message 2 of 7

Re: Moto Launcher

Hi KevinRighter,

Thnaks for sharing. Could you please send the screenshot of comparison? I'll try to check it with our Z2 Force. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

KevinRighter
Fanfold Paper
Views: 319
Message 3 of 7

Sorry, I was not able to post all screenshots at once in previous replies. Now I learnt how to do that. See the following images and test it yourself. Thanks for your quick response. Love Moto.😊

@Agent_Rich wrote:

Hi KevinRighter,

Thnaks for sharing. Could you please send the screenshot of comparison? I'll try to check it with our Z2 Force. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Screenshot_20181108-212433.pngMoto Launcher, You can see top shadow.

Screenshot_20181108-212509.pngThird party launcher, it is still like Moto launcher.

Screenshot_20181108-212524.pngNow there it is. I disabled top shadow option in third party launcher (lawn chair). Now there's no shadow or whitish tint. You can see the difference.

Screenshot_20181110-112936.pngSet Lawnchair as default launcher, go to launcher settings > behaviour > show top shadow > disable.

KevinRighter
Fanfold Paper
Views: 318
Message 4 of 7

Kindly ignore this reply. Previous reply has everything explained.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 261
Message 5 of 7

Hi KevinRighter,

Thanks for the screenshots, are you referring about the status bar? I don't see any difference with the screenshots, but on the bottom part there's a shade of gray background for icons. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

KevinRighter
Fanfold Paper
Views: 258
Message 6 of 7

Instead of checking my screenshots, kindly check your status bar, it's kind of screen bleeding but it isn't. Just because of launcher. You can try the third party launcher I've mentioned and check the difference and compare it with Moto launcher. I did my best to explain this, sorry I can't accept your solution. Will try to post a video soon. Thanks for you quick response though.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 86
Message 7 of 7

Hi KevinRighter,

I have my colleague check on this but we barely see the shadow you're seeing, neither with our Moto Z2 Force here. Let see if we can find it on the video you're going to provide. Thank you. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors