Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mirza53133
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 250
Message 1 of 8

Moto Z Droid wifi grayed out and not turn on

Let me explain clearly, I have moto z droid xt1650 last 1.5 years everything working accurately until I upgrade to 8.0 and after that it getting suck first wifi start disconnecting frequently, for a very short time connect and then disconnect  searching -> connecting -> connected no internet, etc) 

Then I factory reset not work again factory reset suddenly connected for 2 days and then keep disconnecting again. 

after that done these:

A factory reset wipes everything ( no backup start fresh) 
Clear cache
Reset all apps setting
Rest wifi setting to default 

Now, wifi option is just greyed out and let it turn out when I tap it nothing happen say wifi is off? 

Where are MOTOROLA experts or developers? I spent a lot of $$$ to purchase this phone???

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 167
Message 2 of 8

Re: Moto Z Droid wifi grayed out and not turn on

Hi mirza53133,

Thanks for posting. I appreciate those things you've tried. You've done all the necessary troubleshooting steps to address this. At this point, settings failure in your case usually incorporates failure with the chipset. I recommend visiting the service center so our technicians can physically diagnose the device and possibly do a repair. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

mirza53133
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 149
Message 3 of 8

Hi Rich, Do you referring me to my local technicians? 

mirza53133
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 147
Message 4 of 8

This is not hardware related issue, it happens just after update to 8.0 updates, so why you not accepting this is universal issues caused by your so-called updates and damages and ruined this phone throughout the globe? 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 140
Message 5 of 8

Let's get this straight. It's not a software issue. If it was, mine would have the same issue. Everyone would.I would have a 30 page thread by now. It's a hardware failure to an older phone model. No matter how much you want to resist the fact. It's still the fact. It needs repair. Motorola isn't going to fix software that isn't a cause of hardware. So if you're counting on that, I'd stop. Just telling you the truth. 

mirza53133
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 82
Message 6 of 8

Its pure software issue, now batter is draining TOO fast almost 6 hours after charge has gone to 100 and got Bluetooth to keep stopping popup When I switch off device after charge more than 10 hours battery still show full 100% no drain but after the start of OS it starts to drain TOO fast. 

There are numbers of threads for the same issue you know that exactly what you did with 7.1.1 updates but not admit it and own it. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 66
Message 7 of 8

Your battery is dying. It's in need of a new one. This is not software. If it was, everyone would be seeing the same. I'm not, since I had mine replaced. It's fine. 

Highlighted
mirza53133
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 59
Message 8 of 8

See these links here:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Force/Moto-Z-Force-dead-possible-battery-issue/m-p/4166022

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Play/Moto-Z-Play-Battery-Drain/m-p/3541127#M1408

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Force/MOTO-Z-battery-life-terrible-after-Aug-security-update/m-p...

All saying and talking about 7.1.1 OTA update and same issues? just before one-month battery performance is great and too good battery time.

Do you believe I can use my battery 2 days with full usage of internet 3g and wifi and messages and no issue? 

Do you justify that suddenly the battery start to dying? 

Top Kudoed Authors