02-24-2013

US

12 Signins

112 Page Views

• Views: 112
  • Message 1 of 30

Moto Z Force - Bluetooth Will not Turn On

2017-07-27, 15:06 PM

1.When I go to quick settings, bluetooth is shown as off (slash through symbol) I click it

2.The 'switch' turns to blue and on like all the radios do when you open their quick setting menu, but none of my bluetooth devices are listed (just says "no paired devices available")

3. I click "More Settings" (or if I go through the settings app) Bluetooth switch is off.

4.I click to turn on, it slights right to on, turns blue as it slides, but then goes gray once it's in the on position. Nothing changes from this point. None of my paired devices are listed (It just says "When Bluetooth is turned on..."), the switch never turns blue, and none of my devices can pair (I have a Nixon Mission running Wear 2.0, Verveones+ headphones, LG BT headphones, Bose soundlink mini) so it is definitely the phone

This is a replacement phone I received 7/6, the bluetooth worked for close to 2 weeks, then it stopped working about a week ago (last system update on 7/7)

Options

14 Posts

02-24-2013

US

12 Signins

112 Page Views

• Message 2 of 30

Re: Moto Z Force - Bluetooth Will not Turn On

2017-07-27, 15:19 PM

also, I tried wiping cache and safe mode. neither helped.

please don't make me factory reset. that shouldn't be a quick step to get to.

I appreciate motorola being willing to replace my phone multiple times when they suck, but the replacement program sucks even worse, not only do I have to go through the annoyance of setting a new phone up again (because android backup still sucks) but I have to pay $25 to avoid not having a phone for several days.

Options

2 Posts

07-28-2017

US

6 Signins

137 Page Views

• Views: 137
  • Message 3 of 30

2017-07-28, 15:57 PM

One solution I found was to turn on airplane mode, reboot your device, then turn off airplane mode and try bluetooth then. This solution hasn't worked for me, but you might have some luck with it.

Options

1 Posts

07-30-2017

US

1 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 4 of 30

2017-07-30, 21:58 PM

This just started happening to me today.  I can't start bluetooth, the blue circle temporarily goes blue, then gray. Plus my phone is HOT and the battery is draining quickly. Plus I can't shutdown the phone. Once it is in shutdown mode, often I can't restart the phone, so I have to let the battery drain. Was there some update in the fast few days that screwed things up?

Options

14 Posts

02-24-2013

US

12 Signins

112 Page Views

• Message 5 of 30

2017-08-08, 14:45 PM

wrote:

One solution I found was to turn on airplane mode, reboot your device, then turn off airplane mode and try bluetooth then. This solution hasn't worked for me, but you might have some luck with it.

thanks for the suggestion, no joy.

chatted with motorola and they told me to factory reset then put in a repair/replace request. I said I'm tired of wiping my phone, asked if I could trade in for a discount on the Z2 Force, and they referred me to gazelle.

so i'll do the factory wipe one of these days (which won't help) and motorola will keep sending me lemons until my warranty expires.

thanks motorola

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

US

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 6 of 30

2017-08-09, 11:07 AM

wrote:

wrote:

chatted with motorola and they told me to factory reset then put in a repair/replace request. I said I'm tired of wiping my phone, asked if I could trade in for a discount on the Z2 Force, and they referred me to gazelle.

so i'll do the factory wipe one of these days (which won't help) and motorola will keep sending me lemons until my warranty expires.

thanks motorola

If bluerooth won't turn on and reset doesnt fix it, why not get it serviced/replaced? How many times has your phone been replaced? 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

14 Posts

02-24-2013

US

12 Signins

112 Page Views

• Message 7 of 30

2017-08-09, 14:41 PM

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

thanks motorola

If bluerooth won't turn on and reset doesnt fix it, why not get it serviced/replaced? How many times has your phone been replaced? 

I've had to get it replaced twice already.

the factory reset I did last night fixed the bluetooth issue (don't understan how...we'll see if it sticks), so i'm still going through setting everything up again

a factory reset is a hassle because I have to back everything up on my phone, then upload it to the new one and reset up all of my apps. it's a waste of a few hours of my life.

replacement is an even bigger hassle because motorola gives the option of either paying $25 to get a phone first, or spending a few days without a phone (or with a stand-in, that also has to get set up)

if google would come up with a thorough backup solution, this wouldn't be such a problem. Since motorola seems to put out products that keep having issues like this, maybe they should develop a backup solution since google won't.

Options

14 Posts

02-24-2013

US

12 Signins

112 Page Views

• Message 8 of 30

2017-08-14, 16:31 PM

well, after a few days of bluetooth working again, it has stopped. again

no new app installations, nothing changed to cause it to stop working.

what the heck is wrong with your stuff, motorola?

off to request another replacement lemon...

Options

1 Posts

08-21-2017

SA

8 Signins

163 Page Views

• Views: 163
  • Message 9 of 30

2017-08-24, 10:38 AM

Hi there,

are you still facing this issue ? i am having this same problem as well .

TC

Options

14 Posts

02-24-2013

US

12 Signins

112 Page Views

• Message 10 of 30

2017-08-24, 12:31 PM

Yep, haven't been able to get it replaced yet. 

Tried another factory reset and it didn't do anything this time 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete