Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto Z Phones - Mod CapableMoto Z Force
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

01-28-2017

United States of America

9 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 1 of 69

Moto Z Force Not Charging

2017-01-28, 20:34 PM

My Moto Z Force is fairly new. I've never dropped or damaged it. Recently I have experienced an issue while trying to charge the phone. I have insert and remove the charger repeatedly to get it to charge I've opened in safe mode and deleted almost all of my apps. I have not done a factory reset because I don't want to download my backed up data because I have no wifi. What could be the issue? The charger makes a quiet audible click when I insert it so it fits snuggly.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 2 of 69

Re: Moto Z Force Not Charging

2017-01-29, 14:03 PM

wrote:

My Moto Z Force is fairly new. I've never dropped or damaged it. Recently I have experienced an issue while trying to charge the phone. I have insert and remove the charger repeatedly to get it to charge I've opened in safe mode and deleted almost all of my apps. I have not done a factory reset because I don't want to download my backed up data because I have no wifi. What could be the issue? The charger makes a quiet audible click when I insert it so it fits snuggly.

Try another charger first. 

If you are sure the charger is fine, do a factory reset, and if phone still won't charge, it is time for service/replace. Your phone will get erased if serviced, so you might as well do it as a last step to be sure it is not a software issue. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

1 Posts

02-14-2017

United States of America

1 Signins

6 Page Views

• Views: 6
  • Message 3 of 69

2017-02-14, 14:31 PM

Did you ever find a solution for this? I've had this problem ever since taking the Nougat update.

Sometimes I have to reboot the phone to get it to charge. I think it is some sort of a software or driver problem as when this happens a computer doesn't recognize the phone as being connected. What is also scary is when the phone goes completely dead, plugging it into the charger acts very strangely with the screen flashing on and off and the phone barely charges. To boot it back up, I have to go into recovery mode.

I figure I will live with it until the 7.1 update. If that doesn't fix it, I'l try a factory reset. Otherwise I guess it is time to swap it out for a refurb device.

Options

53 Posts

11-14-2016

United States of America

159 Signins

5823 Page Views

• Views: 5823
  • Message 4 of 69

2017-02-14, 18:30 PM

I read on another forum that a couple folks had this problem and resolved it by cleaning the USB C connector on the phone.  I have no idea why rebooting would make a difference with dirty connectors, but that's what they said.  They also said to be careful when cleaning and not use compressed air.  They mentioned a needle, but likely a small plastic probe would be better.  

Options

1 Posts

03-15-2017

United States of America

1 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 5 of 69

2017-03-15, 23:24 PM

I am having same issue and long restart is only way it resets.  In addition when I get a call I can't answer phone.  Other times I can't make a call until I restart.

Options

4 Posts

01-28-2017

United States of America

9 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 6 of 69

2017-03-18, 7:36 AM

I found that ever so slightly pushing the charger to the right after plugging it into my phone works.

wrote:

Did you ever find a solution for this? I've had this problem ever since taking the Nougat update.

Sometimes I have to reboot the phone to get it to charge. I think it is some sort of a software or driver problem as when this happens a computer doesn't recognize the phone as being connected. What is also scary is when the phone goes completely dead, plugging it into the charger acts very strangely with the screen flashing on and off and the phone barely charges. To boot it back up, I have to go into recovery mode.

I figure I will live with it until the 7.1 update. If that doesn't fix it, I'l try a factory reset. Otherwise I guess it is time to swap it out for a refurb device.

Options

1 Posts

05-02-2017

United States of America

1 Signins

7 Page Views

• Views: 7
  • Message 7 of 69

2017-05-02, 22:48 PM

I have a car charger that lights up when you plug it into a power sorce from my phone provider. My phone doesn't charge when I plug it up to this car charger. I can unplug the charger from the car and the light stays on. I think the software in the phone is mistaking the charger as a add on and sending power to the charger instead of the charger sending power to the phone... How do I fix this??

Options

1 Posts

06-03-2017

United States of America

2 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 8 of 69

2017-06-03, 12:18 PM

Same issue. Only charges after a restart. I have done a factory reset and cleared the cache from the boot menu and still the same issue. Has this been fixed yet?

Options

1 Posts

06-09-2017

Canada

1 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 9 of 69

2017-06-09, 16:49 PM

I am also having a hard time charging now. I have to keep plugging in and out praying to every God and Goddess that this time it will charge!

And God forbid I fall asleep and battery dies...when I plug it in..it with keep flashing and than charges to 3% then turns it's self on and dies before it finished loading...it's so dam frustrating!....I have to spend 15 trying to get a charge?

I have factory reset...same Dame problem. Don't reset!

Someone said the think it's a nougat problem . Has any one gone back to a different operating version to see if that helps?

I hope that's all it is. I feel like Motorola sold us all lemons . I can't afford to drop another 500 or more to get a another phone...this phone is only 6 months and it's a going to **bleep**

Options

1 Posts

06-12-2017

United States of America

4 Signins

59 Page Views

• Views: 59
  • Message 10 of 69

2017-06-12, 15:45 PM

I'm​ also ​having problems with my home charger. I found if I leave it plugged in the wall all day when not being used it wouldn't charge my phone. If I would unplug it for the day, then plug it in the wall when I needed it, it would work. Strange? I'm guessing something in the charger would cool down or reset? I knew it was a problem with the charger, my wife's charger would charge my phone with no problems, I also had a couple aux cords that charged my phone fine at home or in the car. So I called Motorola & after 45 min. on the phone explaining, they are supposed to ship me a replacement under warranty. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms